Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a little help on ALF Crash Rigs

In the mid to late '60's American LaFrance made some airport crash trucks for small air fields. Little Moe was one but they also made some larger units with CO2 and foam turrets. Does anyone know where I might find some photos especially of the top and rear of a truck of this vintage? A new model is in the works and it will need some detail.

Re: Looking for a little help on ALF Crash Rigs

Charlie, American LaFrance used the Rockwood Turret Nozzle on their Airport Trucks. They were used on the Little Mo's, Airport Chief's and the Bristol Pumpers. I have info and I think drawings on them if this is what you are looking for. Paul

Charlie...

Check out my American LaFrance book # 4 with the 900 Series photos in it...

Should be just what you're looking for...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

BOEING PHOTO SITE

I remember seeing photos of Boeing Queens, which I believe were ALF 9000s. Can't locate that link, but I remember there were also photos of smaller ALF ARFFs, which were referred to as Little Moes.

I've attched a link to Boeing's web site. Maybe there is a link from there. Good luck.

http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/fire/galleryApparatus.html

Thanks to one and all for your help. What I'm looking for is something that would have been on a W500 Dodge Power Wagon chassis. Will check out each one of your suggestions. Thanks again.

Charlie; I E-mailed you a bunch of photo's of the Dodge W500 trucks, might have a few more.

I know you said you were looking Dodge Power Wagon pictures, but if you need pictures of the Boeing ALF Queens, look under the Boeing FD history pages. They have a couple of pictures showing the ALF/Foamite Queens on the ramps. They are not very big, but they give you some idea of what they looked like.

Here are a couple of military sites with ARFF. The DOD site seems to be down at the moment, keep checking becasue they have some good old pictures that might be what you are looking for.

http://www.firetrucks-atwar.com/

http://www.dodfire.com/

hey charlie
contact this friend of mine mark redman retired ff he is really into any crash trucks and has a life long interest in the same try this... arffrig @aol.com mention my name i think he has a few shots of the items you need
by the way how did the memphis snorkle work out lou tibor

HI, Lou. The Nashville? snorkel has sort of taken a back seat I'm afraid. Will have to get back into it but the spirit has to move with that sort of a project. Paul K: got your photos and thanks. To one and all, thanks for all of the suggestions. Will follow up and let you know the results. Need to check out right side photos and rear views for added info.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)