Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Two very different and unique 1/64 fire apparatus models"

So... any guess as to what we may see in September Maybe two completely new molds, or existing molds with an outrageous color scheme or body treatment? Maybe Tarrtytown Ladder and Las Vegas Squrt?

Re: "Two very different and unique 1/64 fire apparatus models"

Squad 61 & Engine 23

What's so special about E23?

What's so "special" about Engine 23? Just another FDNY repaint, that's all.

FDNY China Town Set you be nice, Enigne 9 and Ladder 6

E23 is more than just a repaint...it has quite a bit of extra diamond plate on it, making it very "different and unique" than any of the other FDNY Seagrave pumpers. However, as much as I would like to see this one made, I don't think we'll see it, simply because of the amount of work C3 would have to do to make it right...might not be profitable enough for them.

Mike Q.

I'll vote for the Tarrytown ALF tower and the Vegas Pierce pumper w/snozzle.

I'm guessing no more new molds this year, Diamond Plate ladder excepted.

mjl

What ever they are, you can bet John A won't like them enough to buy them and then he will be 0-9 or 0-10 for the year.

Collector 5.....

Don't worry how I spend my money. With the exception of a horrible replica of a CFD ALF pumper (just b/c I collect CFD), there hasn't been a single thing they have produced this year--not one purely new mold--all retools of existing ones--that aren't worth a dime.

In all--SPEAKING ONLY about 1/64 or 1/50, aside from Corgi's Mack L, nothing has interested me. It's been an otherwise subpar year for our hobby...... I don't see anything special between now and the rest of the year (again, in 1/64 or 1/50).

And yes Collector 5, if I don't like Friday's release, you can look forward to my post complaining about it. I know it will make your Labor Day weekend complete.

What about a FX rescue me set?? Ijust bought season 2
at Target. They are always changing rigs on that show.

Go back and watch Season 1....in the intro (which hasn't changed in 3 seasons) in the very beginning they show the grill of an E-One rig. In Season 1 you actually saw the E-One logo in the intro. In Seasons 2 and 3 the logo (that would say E-one) is covered by a computer generated black spot. Guess E-one didn't give them permission to show the logo.

John, I was talking about what was in the firehouse. On
one of the season 2 episodes they show both the ladder and the
pumper being seagrave rigs with the high headlights. On
the intro it's the mack pumper and the e-one ladder. Also
on season 2 they show a seagrave scope in the house. I
guess I should have been clear on that. My fault.

I totally knew what you meant.....no confusion. I was just pointing out that if you watch, you never see the "E-One" logo after Season 1. Wondering if there were licensing issues.

I agree they used several different rigs at various points of the season.

Personally, I don't see Code 3 replicating those pieces b/c I just don't think (unlike EMERGENCY or BACKDRAFT) the rigs serve as anything more than props for the show. There really isn't a lot of firefighting going on, but I like the show. It's entertaining--esp during the summer when all you have are reruns of everything else

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)