Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4-piece fire truck offer?

So in my credit card statement this month I got an offer to buy a "Vintage Diecast Fire Engine Collection" It consists of 4 rigs:

1960 Mack C for North Tarrytown 1/50
1941 GMC CO2 Firewagon for Detroit 1/32
1928 Studebaker for South Bend, Indiana 1/32
and NEVER BEFORE OFFERED
1921 ALF for FDNH 1/32

Their either 19.95 each plus 5 bucks a piece shipping or the entire set for 59.95 + 10 bucks shipping

They look sharp--like the NMMM's Have any of you guys heard about these--I know I've seen the Mack C.

Anyone else see this offer--from the GM Card--Visa.

John A.

Re: 4-piece fire truck offer?

Hi John,

I got an offer direct from the National Motor Mint, the deal is the same, except if you get all 4 rigs you dont pay s&H. They have the same offer on thier website. I ordered the Rigs.

They are the Signature models pieces, & the ALF, Studebaker & GMC have been out for a while now. I have all but the Mack C.

John A., my dad found this set in his American Legion magazine last Spring and bought it for me for my birthday in April. Nice little set. The Mack C is my favorite. Not much into old rigs but they're all nice pieces.

Got a set a couple of months ago. Nice looking little models. Good finish and graphics. The only real minus for me is that they are predominately plastic and some of the accessories are sloppily appllied with too much glue and mounted crooked. In fact two of the running board extinguishers had come off and were rattling around in the box, however, there was an extra rotating beacon in the box with one of them. I ordered mine direct and they paid the shipping. Even with the flaws, I consider them keepers.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)