Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LA County Freightliner, Lights

I noticed the real Engine doesn't have the two lights on the grill! But on the Code-3 piece has a Red and Green light on the grill, I thought the Red and Green we're a Chicago trade mark???

Re: LA County Freightliner, Lights

Also notice the real rig has a very different rear light package--like FDNY rigs. The model has 2 rotators. I'm hoping C3 corrects both these details b/c as far as I'm concerned the model is sh*t if they don't capture those details.

Re: LA County Freightliner, Lights

Well, after Code 3's Chicago E92 F-Liner, Orange County E65 got a custom grille and so did Fort Worth E7. Balto County E5, however, did not (grille taken over from Chicago E92).
I don't know about the JD engine as I don't have the model. It should have two red _round_ lights in the grille.

Speaking of LACo F-Liner: remember Ventura ALF engine's front bumper guessing game? It wasn't known until the end if C3 had changed it to the short type, so there is hope for a plain grille.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)