Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hite over red

I'm trying to make a Mack L from Clinton FD in 1/50 scale.
I got a problem for painting the white over red, any idea to do it?
Or perhaps may I paint the white before and than the red; perhaps hard to do...
Patrick.

Re: hit over red

It's far easier to paint the white first, then the red. You could prime with flat white, or gray, over the red, then try & get a good coat of gloss white over the top, but you will be laying on far more layers to get the coverage. Always start with the lighter colors, & go to the darker, when painting. It saves time, paint & aggravation.

Re: hite over red

Yup! Paint the white first! You can mask off the white with either Bare Metal Foil or some of that new kitchen cling wrap. Either way it needs to be burnished down good to keep the red paint from running underneath. One way to do that is to give the edge of the foil a light coat of clear. This will seal the edge and keep the red from bleeding under. You never want to paint over red with another color, even a primer. The red has a nasty tendancy of bleeding through the lighter color. Hope this helps.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)