Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HO Scale Dodge Charger Police Car

Check out the 1:87th Vehicle Club website for new photos of the Ricko HO scale Dodge Charger. It has generic police markings but they look good. There are two photos, one on the homepage and a link to another one. These photos are of the final pre-production model and update the one previously posted that had tires and wheels borrowed from another model. This car has amazing detail for 1:87th scale, including spotlights, multi-colored LED lightbar and accurate police wheels. Bill Cawthon, the US distributor, said that it will be available through Walthers and Horizon Hobby (and hobby shops serviced by them) in November - MSRP is $13.98. Here's the link: http://www.1-87vehicles.org/ Also, Dennis Deal at Diecast Direct told me that DD has completed the purchase of the ex-Fleer 1:43rd scale 2005 Crown Vic and '49 Ford molds and they should be available, with additional emergency equipment options, by the end of this year. Even better is the news that DD has found a diecaster to make the 1:43rd scale police Charger, which should be available by next Spring.

Re: HO Scale Dodge Charger Police Car

This great model also available through www.policecarmodels.com and www.houseofhobbies.com, the latter carries a wide variety of HO scale vehicles, including emergency ones, from Ricko, Herpa, Busch, Wiking, Athearn and others

Re: HO Scale Dodge Charger Police Car - PIC

Figures not included!

Very well done! Hopefully the Magnum Wagon will follow, & in FD livery.

I'm not a police vehicle collector, but I just may have to pick this one up! Very nice!

Yes, it's amazing what can be done in 1/87 scale these days!

Dick, any further info on the Fleer vehicles? Are they going to be for the customiser, or are there any plans to release some of their own already in police markings. Also, Jada are releasing accurate 1/24 scale Magnums soon. They are not the blinged out pimp mobiles, but accurate police cruisers. They will come in white and black and white coloring, along with 3 different light bars.

Mark, both the re-released Fleer 2005 Crown Vic and the Diecast Direct Charger will have multiple light bar and emergency equipment options, and I believe both will be available in "blank" versions for customizing. Not sure if the '49 Ford will be available as a "blank", but I think DD is ordering some additional emergency equipment for it. Glad to hear about the realistic Magnum coming out, though few departments use it compared to the Charger. Did you see that Spark is going to make a police version of their Dodge Durango? It's listed on the Diecast Direct website, but no photo or info on what department. That leads me to believe it probably will be a generic version, though there are plenty of real police Durangos from which to choose.

JADA is going to produce something that doesn't have those moronic looking over sized lower rider rims, & stupid lowered suspension? (they aren't great at sticking to a listed scale either... at least in 1/64)

Mark, Dennis said they tried to get the '72 and '73 Plymouth molds at the same time, but because those were in the possession of a different diecast manufacturer in China, they weren't able to acquire them in the same deal. They hope to get them in the near future. I hear the other comment about Jada not being exactly accurate to scale and I agree, but then hardly anyone who claims to be producing 1:64th really does. The Matchbox Premier Impala probably came closest among police cars, and it was about 1:66th as I recall.

Yep...the Matchbox Impala is 1/66, & they actually mark it that way. They don't falsely advertise it as 1/64.

Try this link for the Jada Chargers, http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=152982&highlight=charger+police

Dick, I found a reference to the Sparks Dodge SUV. It will be done in "New Britain" Police Dept markings. Apparently it is a real PD. They use a black and white style paint scheme.

Probably New Britain, Connecticut. They have a black and white scheme with a gorgeous American flag motif. That's the only New Britain I've heard of, but I did a search and there's a borough PD in Pennsylvania with that name. I expect it's the one in CT, though. Here's a link to their photo page (some nice photos of vintage cars on there as well): http://www.newbritainpolice.org/photo_gallery.htm
According to the website, they have two Expeditions used by patrol supervisors. No mention of Durangos, but maybe they're new acquisitions. Not a large department (158 officers) but good-looking cars.

Dick, I see that Gearbox are also releasing a Crown Vic for the same department. There is a UK diecast site called modelenium, it has the photo of the Dodge SUV that is to be used. Its of the actual car, so they may have updated the fleet recently.

Go to this site....Click on Police agencies by State, then click on CT and you'll see a pic of the Durango.

FYI....this is by far the best site for looking up police cars. http://www.geocities.com/policecarsite/

The Police Car Web Site also has a photo of the Durango under the Mopar part of the Police Package section. This section has a whole gallery of police Durango photos. The New Britain one is near the bottom. Here's a link to the Durango gallery: http://members.fortunecity.com/copcarsite/durango1.html

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)