Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Die Cast Promotions 1975 GMC Pumper

Received the lime GMC pumper last night.... Wow! This rig really stands out in my collection due to the size and lime color. Great detail all around, they could have filled the compartments with more equipment, I have not seen many rigs with much empty compartment space. Overall a great rig, I had only planned on purchasing the lime but after getting it, now I want the red Chevy rig as well.

Re: Die Cast Promotions 1975 GMC Pumper

I also viewed both of them at Pasttime hobbies today, and they look better up close. The detail on the pump panel is fantastic! I really like the larger size!

Here's a production photo found on the 'net:

mjl

Both (red and lime) arrived in Central California this afternoon -- my quick comments: 1). the size is VERY IMPRESSIVE (photos just haven't done these two justice -- they are monsters!!!). 2). I like the fact that there are significant differences between the two (light bar versus gumball, covered booster lines on the lime, etc.) 3. the hose load is very nicely done (weathered). and 4). the loose pieces need to be superglued (lights, mirrors, grabbars, etc.). Someone mentioned that the 39 ALF might be a candidate for model of the year, but these surpass anything I've seen before! Two thumbs WAY up!

I only purchased the 1975 Chevy but I would have to agree with Jim Kuss that this truck is incredible in its detail. And yes, it is a monster! I needed the entire Kitchen table to get it out of the box!
The pump panel blew me away as did the perfectly fitting cabinets that open and have equipment mounted inside...or how about the detail under the hood. The only problem with trucks of this scale is display space...it requires a lot, but then again, it sure is an attention grabber

I went whole hog and bought both. I could put about 20 Corgi's on the shelf where these would go! WOW! Very nicely done, though. Even the opening hood has realistic hinges. I think there is a booboo on the hood sides though. They are notched instead of being cut straight down from the top to the sides. Will have to check out a real truck of that era to see if it is correct. Pump panels are great and the mozzles on the hose loads are especially well done. The pike poles seem a but long but may look ok once they are mounted on the truck. (haven't taken them out of the boxes yet) They will look great on each side of the 41 Chevy. Kudos to Highway 61!

These are the models that I had hoped the C3 DPs would be. Excellent detail at a reasonably affordable price.
Fantastic!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)