Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Highway 61 1975 GMC / Chevy Engine Review

The review of these two great models is complete. Go to www.fireengines.net and take a look.

Re: Highway 61 1975 GMC / Chevy Engine Review

While i agree a very nice model...i couldnt help to notice that the ladders seem a bit long and the compartments seem reversed.....the smaller one should be in front by the pump panel and the larger one in the rear ???

I was also surprised that they molded a broken nozzle with the missing rubber handle in the compartment.

But for the cash...a nice model.

Just my two cents worth !

Gordon:

Now why would you be surprised of the missing rubber handle? After all this is a VOLUNTEER department.

They must have done all of the rear compartment nozzles that way. Mine was missing a handle too. On both (Chevy and GMC) the right front directional light was broken off. Luckily it was loose in the box and only needed to be superglued back on. On the GMC one of the rear compartment doors was off with a lower hinge piece broken. These things must have received some rough handling.
Spot lights didn't fit the attachment holes on the doors either. I had to snip the tabs shorter and then superglue them in place.
I'm glad I got them but will probably think twice before investing any more in such large pieces from Highway 61.
I haven't checked out the hood yet but I think it is not right. Nice working prototype hinges, though.
All in all some mixed feelings about them.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)