Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clinton VFD Kenworth/Pierce model

The Clinton VFD now has a sign-up page for their model of the Kenworth/Pierce Water Supply 25 being made by First Gear. Model to be released in November. No price info listed on the website at this time.

http://www.clintonvfd.org/index.htm

Re: Clinton VFD Kenworth/Pierce model

This makes no sense, though I suppose it is entirely possible that First Gear is, in two months, releasing (a.) a new Kenworth tooling, that (b.) is open cab no less, and (c.) has a new Pierce apparatus body. Is it possible this thing is in a different scale, and FG is debuting a new line of replicas? I suppose it is equally possible that the FD sponsored a one-of-a-kind custom tooling, though that would seem to require mega $$$$.

This will be very interesting to see.

mjl

Mike, According to the guys at Clinton VFD, they are bank rolling this project. They certainly have the money. They are also supposed to sponsor future releases of other past Clinton VFD rigs. I hope they do, as I'd like to see a model of the old open cab Ford C cab.

I talked to a member(owner of the 1/1 "C" Ford) of Clinton this summer at the Md.Firemens Convention. He says the KW will be out in Nov. Also, they plan to do the 'C' Ford next.

Hey Steve, I also heard a rumor that they may do one of the 50's GMC rigs. Should be pretty cool if they do.

Yes. He did say that. GMC would be after 'C'. The GMC (Young) is owned by a member also.

Where's the sign-up page? I looked all over their web site and didn't see it, but I also got a Java Script error and couldn't read the stuff down the left side. Also, if you copy and paste the link above, it includes a name and e-mail address that doesn't show up in the posting - are you supposed to contact that guy to order an engine?

I'm in for the Ford & GMC! (kit-bashing of course---lol) I'll wait & see how the KW looks.

The site appears to be down at this time.When it works again, the link is on the left under the pic of THE Kwhopper.

Clinton VFD site is up: http://www.clintonvfd.org/

When I click on the link under the picture, it comes up with an error message -- "Invalid Key" -- anyone know how to get into the order page????

http://www.clintonvfd.org/Water%20Supply%2025.html

Thanks -- that worked for me -- and the link below the picture is now working as well....

Clinton received the first painted sample a few days ago. They have some changes that need to be made, then back to First Gear.

I hope to have some photos soon.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)