Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LA County FL Pumper

Not sure if this means, yeah we plan to get it right or if it's just a form email. Only time will tell:

Hello John,

Thanks for contacting Code 3 Collectibles.

The picture that is currently on our website is a pre production sample picture and changes will be made to the final model.

We at Code 3 Collectibles greatly appreciate your continued support. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Stacey McBroom

Customer Service

Code 3 Collectibles

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 7:36 AM
To: Code 3 Guestbook
Subject: [Customer Survey]

The following was submitted using the 'Contact Us' form:

Referring Page: http://www.code3.net/fire/latestnews.asp

Message: Hello....I have ordered the soon to be released LA County FL Pumper. Are the pictures on your site final pix of what the actual model will be. I ask this because the ACTUAL rig has a significantly different rear light package. I'm hoping your model represents this detail otherwise, I believe your model will lack true authenticity.

I would like a reply. Thank you.

John

Re: LA County FL Pumper

As has happened in the past, I wonder if this rig is modeled on the blueprints, as submitted from the outset of the building process.
Many small changes are made after the dept takes delivery.
Take the Tarrytown for example, everyone bemoans the fact it does not have the lettering on the front, and number on the grill, yet the photo of it when it was delivered from ALF clearly shows it did not have them then.
How far should a model manufacturer go, to keep the model "authentic", as it was in its production stage, and as per delivery, or after the dept has added the personel touches.
Which brings a point to mind, if the front of the tarrytown rig was customised by various firefighters, who owns the copyright if someone wanted to produce it with all the added details on????

Re: LA County FL Pumper

Another perfect example is the NY/NJ PAPD REP Truck. If you look on the C-3 site, it still shows the pre-production photos, not photos of the actual piece that we all got. The photos show different spot lights, no red lights on the grill, and a totally different grill on the front. I think the changes were for the better and I hope we get the same result with the LA Co piece. I could care less about the rear lights, as long as they got rid of that green light in the grill!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)