Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This makes no sense.....

From today's C3 Q&A blog on the What's New Page (concerning the quarterly newsletter):

Q: Is there a Collector Club Newsletter?
A: At the beginning of 2006 we changed our release schedule to be monthly instead of quarterly so that we could improve our ability to meet announced ship dates. Since doing this we have been 100% on time with shipments. We also lowered the production quantities this year to increase the rate of sell through to help increase the collectibility of our models. Both of these factors have made a printed newsletter obsolete as the internet allows us to communicate product information much faster and more accurately.

Our Latest News page that is updated every Friday will serve as our "newsletter" to give Club Members advance information on releases and marketing events.

See, I completely disagree with this. I was under the impression the paper copies were no more, but a web version was going take it's place. Quite frankly the weekly updates are useless aside from the first one of the month. The rest of the month all you get are shipping dates and how many have sold.

Personally the news letter was nice, b/c you got profiles of the dept, news on the rigs, previews of upcoming releases (face it, the workshop isn't updated enough).

I just have to laugh b/c the prices have gone up, the customer service has gone down as well as the benefits of being a club member.

Yeah, to all the faithful out there....John A. is bashing Code 3 again, so don't buy them, don't be a club member.... This is merely me calling it like I see it. Think about what they have given us this year and what they have taken away..... They may say that they are thriving (and I have to agree with all the $$ they must be saving from the reduced service) but the loyal members are the ones that are hurting.

My 2 cents......Feel the love everyone......

Re: This makes no sense.....

Since 1/2 the printed news letters during my years of membership, never made it here, & the on line version was in PDF & non-viewable for me, loss of this so called benefit is nothing surprising. Seems they are just admitting that they are not doing anything worth printing...... or are in such disarray that a news latter would only make that more obvious to "members." I've been saying for a long time, for the "average Joe" collector, Code 3 membership was nothing more that buying a truck with membership markings on it.

Speaking of C3 membership...I renewed and have not received my Ladder truck. They still have a hard time with shipping dates. I think the best of C3 has come and gone.................................

Have to agree. The current C3 is a ghost of a once great diecast producer. Now all we get is repainted old molds. Nothing really new. I haven't found one truck this year that was worth the money. The other companies are rapidly gaining ground, or passing, C3 to lead the diecast fire truck industry.

Yes, John, they've given little and taken away . . . but I've taken away from them, too. I've only bought one Code 3 truck this year (FDNY Res2cue Mack MR, and have no plans to spend more with them. My $$ have been going to Corgi and Athearn. No, they won't miss my $$ by themselves, but I don't think I'm alone.

Hello,

Ray has a good point. Moan all you like about Code 3 (which is after all your personal choice)but the proof will be in the pudding when it comes to sales. I agree, their after sales service leaves something to be desired these days but the fact of the matter is, you will only buy it if you like it, if you dont, don't bother. I have always loved Code 3 diecasts. Although I am a UK Firefighter I have always had a soft spot for US rigs more than UK and they make up the bulk of my collection. I must admit though this is changing due to the likes of Del Prado. Code 3 make errors from time to time but personally I think they make a great diecast. Corgi leave something to be desired on most occasions. But that's my opinion and plenty will disagree. I just think its a shame that Code 3 are going the way they are at present. I am looking forward to the next DP release as I love this scale. Look at it another way, they make great donor vehicles for kitbashers!!!

Ray's opinion mirrors mine. I used to get home for the weekend and the first thing was to read this board and then hit the C3 site. Don't even bother with their site anymore. Didn't renew my membership last year or this year either...no advantage to it any more. The only things C3 I've bought in well over a year are Bill's Chicago specials and the two Fort Worth ladders at a close out place for $15 each. However, a bunch of signature,YatMing,NMM,FG,and yes,even Corgi pieces are living at my house now. C3 should have paid more attention to their poll results a couple of years ago, asking us what we wanted to see in the future from them. The game plan seems simple to me, sell what we want to buy, not what you think we should buy, decent customer service and communication.

I agree with all of you but you got to take a look at the bottom line. Which is.....in spite of the reduced services, not producing classic models we've really wanted to see, producing some less than accurate models, nearly EVERY SINGLE RELEASE this year has SOLD OUT--most during pre sale. If you're C3, why would you change the business model. People are still buying. I conceded long ago that this is how it is. I too look at the 20 bucks I paid, not for a membership, but for a 'free' truck. It'll take me forever to build up enough rescue rewards for a 10 buck discount, and the pre ordering--well, with the exception of the one truck I ordered this year (LA County FL), if I wasn't a member I would just order it from PTH or Westchester or other.....

Sad to say, I think this is as good as it's ever going be relative to C3, so we got to take it or leave it.

I never bought a lot of Code 3 fire apparatus because I mainly collect police models, but that would have changed if they had listened and produced a mix of the breadboxes they favor and some of the classics like Corgi is making. All I've bought this year is the Mack Rescue 2 and the PAPD ESU truck - both repaints. I can hardly recall the last time I looked at Code 3's board and I, too, used to eagerly read it almost every day. Now the excitement has gone out of Code 3, but I just bought the Yat Ming ALF a couple of weeks ago...and I'm REALLY excited by the Clinton, MD, Kenworth by First Gear!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)