Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clinton Water Supply 25 Photos Posted - WOW!

WOW! I just posted the PREPORDUCTION photos of this model. There are in excess of 50 changes that will be made. This is a MUST BUY! Check out www.fireengines.net and take a look.

Re: Clinton Water Supply 25 Photos Posted - WOW!

I stand utterly corrected in my skepticism...

mjl

Mike:

For one of the first time that I know, firefighters are 100% responsible for the accuracy of a model.

One other note, the own the mold for the Kenworth.

I hope to have more photos later.

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks, Larry.

Hope the Door Trim Panels are corrected along with the stated Dash correction.

Awesome looking model. The only thing that would make it better is if it was modeled with the chrome air SCBA air bottles and candy cane striped hose it had when originally placed in service.

Now that's a FIRE TRUCK!

This is some truck! So far, my vote for best model of the year. I do not know if anyone asked this question before but I was wondering if there are any other Fire Departments that made use of Kenworth apparatus?

Seattle use to have a whole bunch of KW's with jump seat boxes added as their first line engines. Don't know if their still in service or not.

They will ship internationally!

I agree with Mike . . . this should be the model of the year! Larry Phillips, are you listening??

Ray:

You will vote, online, for model of the year on www.fireengines.net. I not sure Larry Phillips has that capability.

"Hope the Door Trim Panels are corrected"

Can anyone shed some light on this? "Helpful Henry" was not very helpful by not leaving his email address so the guys at Clinton could contact him.

I'll help.....The Door Trim Panels are done in the R,W & B motiff like the seats and dash.
And 25 has my email....

Thanks!

Re: Re: Clinton Water Supply 25 Photos Posted - WOW!

Yes the door panel changes have been made. Thank You for your attention to detail. We are tring to make the Kenworth as correct as possible.

Henry...

Thanks for your input! This change has already been made. It is looking better all the time.

Yes...We will do a poll in this year's TOY TRUCKER Magazine...Nominations will start on 01/01/07, just to make sure we get ALL the models in that deserve to be in the poll!

As many of you also know, I write the year in review for The VISITING FIREMAN...so be ready for some surprises in that book, also!

What many of you don't know, though, is that I've been in close contact with the Clinton FD from the very beginning, but have kept low-key as THEY deserve all the thunder...and, if what I've been told comes to fruition, get ready for a 1/34th scale TDA as well...aka 100' Maxim, if they decide to do it...

But...that, of course, depends on the initial sale of this very first model...and even though 2,500 pieces doesn't seem like a lot, our hobby still remains a 'numbers game' for all producers...so...

The name of the game with this one is SUPPORT... SUPPORT...SUPPORT...

And, if all 2,500 go with little or no effort, just watch what will come next, not only from Clinton, but OTHER FD's that will be watching this release very, very closely...including a small town in North Dakota!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

As Paul mentioned above Seattle ran a fair number of closed cab Kenworths, don't think they have any running now. The chassis was built at the plant in south Seattle. If you are interested in checking in to that let me know, I have a few contacts.

Where do we pre-order the Clinton rig at Larry? This is a must have being from the land of Kenworth.

Great tour before companies stopped giving tours of their plants.

http://www.clintonvfd.org/Water%20Supply%2025.html

I photographed at a number of Seattle stations last February -- didn't see any of the classic Freightliners still in service. Did photograph a neat Freightliner/Hub (E18) at a Vancouver station, but that was a cabover, nothing like the Clinton piece.

The Maxim tiller would be a great addition to the collection, but space is getting to be an issue. Looks like more Code 3s will have to get "disposed of" for the cause.

9-26-2006 - I added some additional photos of the real apparatus and one additional photo of the model.

The Clinton FD might want to think about( if they have't already) taking out an advertisement in either Toy Trucker, Firehouse Mag, or Fire Apparatus Journal..depending on what the mags charge for an ad it might help get them to sell out status...

I fully agree with Larry Phillips support comment. I hope Toy Trucker follows up and donates space for this worthwhile cause.

We have checked on a add in Firehouse mag. cost is to much. Fire apparatus journal has contacted us about doing a column in the model section soon. Have not talked to anyone from Toy Trucker yet.

To the people at Clinton FD...

Please call me direct in my office...

(701) 251-9112

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

"What many of you don't know, though, is that I've been in close contact with the Clinton FD from the very beginning, but have kept low-key as THEY deserve all the thunder"

Clinton Fire Department doesnt see it that way. At least you could have called them and tried to cover yourself....

Huh?

I'm sure that there are many different people within the Clinton FD that are working on this project...

The one that I have been in touch with knows that the TOY TRUCKER is available for any help they may need.

My previous post (with my phone #) is for anyone on the Clinton FD that may not know this...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I think we all owe Larry Lorance a ton of thanks. Larry was the first one to bring us the information on this magnificant piece. Larry followed up on those early rumors, and gave us the first shots of this piece, as well as a contact at the Clinton FD and informtaion on how to order. Through his diligence, we have tons of great photos of the pre-production piece. Thanks Larry, a true friend to the emergency model collector. Rich

Great job as usual!!!! Thank you Walt

I think from inception to now the flow of info, the pictures, discussions, have all been well done and informative. No false rumors, speculations, exagerrations, or fluff. The whole project has been real from the start and has created a lot of excitement that our hobby has been lacking in the past year (Yat-Ming excluded).

The posts about this model have been the most refreshing and exciting in a while.

I for one haven't been this excited about a model since I started collecting. But the best part is, the truck will definitely blow away everyone's expectations.

This IS a great hobby

Thank you for your comments.

We have a great deal to look forward to! The folks at Clinton, along with First Gear, may have reignited the collecting fire that burns in everyone of us.

The next 6-8 month will bring spectacular releases from Code 3 Collectibles, Yat Ming, and two yet to be announced companies. Yes, there will be some surprises!

Yes, this IS a great hobby!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)