Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clinton First Gear Industry Question

Okay, the run of this piece is 2,500. Now that the photos have been shown, could they double that number and still sell them all? Triple? etc.

Obviously, the limited run is going to motivate resellers, so it's a trick question in a way.

It does make me wonder if this is the optimum way to produce replicas. Involve the FD at the level that 50 tooling changes are not only suggested but implimented.

Alternately, is it possible that, at that price, they will *not* sell the entire run?

mjl

Re: Clinton First Gear Industry Question

Also, how many of you wondered "gee that's a lot for a model" before realizing that it's the same price (or maybe $10 more) as C3 ladder trucks these days.

mjl

Mike and Group....

First Gear has a great deal at stake here.

This is the very first time they have taken on such a project.

What does your response mean, in the context of my questions or these threads themselves?

mjl

"Obviously, the limited run is going to motivate resellers".

If First Gear does a great job on this piece, this may motivate resellers to step out of the box and have First Gear produce their own special project.

If the detail is comparabel to a Code 3 Diomond Plate this piece may place First Gear ahead of Code 3 in the 1/32 scale. Especially for the price.

Dave P. sums it all up....Looks a little better than C3's DPs....

This will be my first First Gear fire apparatus purchase. I just can't pass this up. The pix are phenominal. And the price!!!! Hell, Club members are paying 40 bucks plus shipping for inaccurate C3's.

I normally never collect Volunteer Depts or larger than 1/50 scale, but this IS HIGH QUALITY.

Takes our hobby to a new level.....

Way to go for the Clinton Volly's for taking a risk, way to go to First Gear to building to the Depts. EXACT specs.

This is win win all around. I hope with the success of this, when the unit is replaced, they replicate the new one. How sweet would those be side by side!

I really hope that the sales of this model go over very well, becasue if Clinton VFD does well with this , then I'm almost sure we will see them produce models of their other vintage apparatus that they have said they would be interested in making.

There is no way to compare a inaccurate(usually) 1/64(AKA Code 3 ladders), to a gem of a piece in 1/34, price wise. $80 for a well done First Gear piece in 1/34, is well worth it.

Could they sell more than the 2500? Time will tell. I do plan on getting 1, now that I saw the posted photos, but also don't plan on leaving it "as is."(almost all pieces I get now, are stripped & redone, at least to a small degree)

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)