Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Schuco 1/18th Mercedes ladder -- another candidate for model of the year? !!

The Schuco 18th Mercedes ladder arrived from Burbank's House of Hobbies this afternoon -- BIG box, about the same size as the 1/16th Die-Cast Promotions Chevy. First impressions -- nice! In fact, super nice!!! I know that a lot of you are not into European apparatus, and the size and cost will put off a lot of people, but this one is really really worth it. Among other things I noted on quick review -- the ladder is diecast aluminum and extends to about 45 inches. There is even a functional braided wire to extend the ladder. All of the brake and hydraulic lines are there. Even a key in the ignition and a coiled cable to the telephone (!) on the dash. The price, incidentally, was not a bad as I expected -- $279 including tax and shipping. On the web, the cheapest I had seen was about 200 pounds, which would have been abot $350 plus shipping. Great service as always, too, from Burbank's House of Hobbies.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)