Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 board goes bye-bye!

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO late he already has it

I, for one, am dissappointed to see the boards go away. It was yet another place online to see pics of apparatus and to converse with others who share the same interests as I do. I've met many great people through those boards over the years.

I do know where the boards went, they went to the same place as customer service went. I placed my last order on 9/1/06. Since I had one of those stupid gift certificates (even though they have a serial number, they can only be redeemed by mail), I sent it, along with a check for the rest. For 12 days, there was NO indication on their website that my order existed. Contacting their customer service rep proved futile. The check was posted to their bank on 9/8/06 and their website showed that the item was shipped on 9/13/06. My orders are shipped USPS, so there was no tracking number, no other info. By 9/26/06, it had not yet arrived, so I once again contacted customer service, but all I got was a flimsy answer about postal shipping taking from 2-6 weeks. The item arrived on 9/28/06. The shipping stamp on the box was dated 9/25/06. It only took three days to get to me, not fifteen like their website indicates. Lying to your customers is NOT the key to success! Like I said, that was my last order from Code 3.

Ummmm, "shipping" includes more than just the time in the postal service. The time in the warehouse is usually included and as you said in your post C3 states that "shipping" takes 2 to 6 weeks.

Just out of curiosity, How many of you actually emailed Scott Schellhase expressing some concerns?? or is it even worth wasting the time??

I did. But I told him I didn't think they should put the board back up. Between here and another board there is no reason to. They should just concentrate on making the rigs, and monitor here if they really need ideas.

So there are more than enough ways to regulate this without requiring censorship or moderating necessarilly. There are MANY boards or websites online today that require you to be logged in from 1 specific IP address or email account. They could very easilly do that. It might take some tweaking, but something you could definitely do. If someone wants to be an ass, you simply revoke his or her access - not anyone else's.

Also a note again about Customer service as there was a post about it. If Code 3 really cared about the customer, they would not have gotten rid of the customer service reps. I have sent over 10 emails on very customer service questions and never received a response - from questions about specific pieces being in stock, to order problems, billing problems..what have you. I am surprised they are still going to be at past time hobbies. Maybe next year they will cut that as well...remains to be seen. I think the only piece that I will buy this year, will be the diamond plate when it is announced. Or have I heard that it was supposed to be released in November/December, but now it will not ship until January?? Again - just goes to show the lack of leadership - this piece has been in the works for over 6 months, and the biggest time for diecast sales is Christmas. Just like their screw up last year with breaking the string of christmas pieces (again for no reason) they are going to miss out on many sales from people who would have purchased that piece for christmas gifts. Who really wants to get a gift of that magnitude that will not even ship until after christmas?

I don't know negative Nancy, I try to appreciate any gift, especially one of that magnitude, so what if it doesn't ship until after Christmas.

I don't think the Ladder will ship till Feb 07 as a safe speculation. I don't have the $$$$ to buy it now anyway.

Expect a nastygram from S.S. over that Feb. shipping comment

OOooooooooops I let the cat out of the Bag

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)