Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FDNY MACK CF 221

I took a Haz Mat course this week, and one of the older films from 1988 featured FDNY Mack CF 221. Must have been made earlier than 1988, as truck looked brand new. Also another film with Prince Georges County equipment from same era (white with red stripe). Both films were used as a comparison of how they did it then (totally wrong) and how to approach a haz mat situation today. Course was law enforcement related, so of course they would show past bad techniques used by fire department. But some nice vintage equipment.

Re: FDNY MACK CF 221

Chuckgeo: Here is a pic of the PG piece.
It's the 4th one down;http://www.cpvfd.org/apparatus.php

Steve, The PG unit in the movie was very different, not a Mack. I've searched my older FAJs and can't find a match to who produced it. Was boxy like a CF, but maybe a FWC design, that was shop converted or something. No front grill, just flat. They featured it in two different HAZ MAT videos (films) made in 1988. Even the Lt from Miami FD in class commented on the older units in the training tapes.

Hi Chuck!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)