Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interested in HO scale firehouses

Hello

I am interested in purchasing an HO scale fire house for my Busch Niagara Falls Rigs. I am new to HO scale so i would very much appreciate any information that any of you guys can provide me with.

Thanks
John

Re: Interested in HO scale firehouses

There are several good HO firehouses available in kit form, some of which may be found either at your local model railroading hobby shop, or by visiting www.walthers.com. Simply do a search on their webpage for "fire station" or "firehouse".

Walthers has a Built up firehouse which I have on my HO Layout. I also have the lifelike firehouse on the other side of the tracks for protection incase the train blocks all the crossings. My Hazmat rig is the Corgi fire heros Boston heavy rescue which came in a set of them.

John,

There are tons of HO scale fire stations. As stated the Walthers is nice for a pre WW2 style house. Plus it will hold the tiller. Boley also has a decent house. If you search Walthers, there are a lot of other options. Vollmer has a modern 5 bay house. Herpa and Faller also make nice modern houses.

If you go to Walthers and use the advanced search with HO scale, structures and the key word fire you will find about 30 or so stations. In addition there are several garages that will also work well. DPM and Smalltown make several buildings that could easily be converted to fire stations by replacing the store fronts with their overhead doors.

If you really want to go nuts there are a few german resin cast models I can point you towards.

Jeff

The German ones probably won't take the tiller but are extermely well detailed to say the least. I have all of them (modern and older styles). Try Vollmer and Faller. You can get these through Walthers as Jeff stated. They are very nice for diaromas and look good with either US or other appliances.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)