Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 Forum Users, See Also Fireengines.Net Forums

Displaced Code 3 forum users, be sure to also visit the fireengines.net forums. The user experience more clearly replicates the Code 3 boards. We're glad to have you here, and they're glad to have you there. It's all good.

mjl

Re: Code 3 Forum Users, See Also Fireengines.Net Forums

Ah yeah, what about ATEV?

LArry and RichB seem to have a special relationship with C3 however.

Ah yeah, What about ATEV? They're two different boards with different appeal to different people.
Not everybody is into kitbashes, larger scale, or non-fire related emergency vehicles like ambos and cruisers.

I post on both boards. Sometimes I get no response here so I go to fireengines.net. I like both boards very much. Both have very helpful people. Just my 2 cents.

Look back at the 60+ thread of posts regarding the closing of the Code 3 boards and reflect on the tone of some of the postings bashing Code 3. Why would Code 3 want to direct anyone here?

Everyone has a right to their opinion and, provided it doesn't get too far out of hand, I would not object to thier posting them. I can read and not agree with them just fine. If it bothered me that much, I could stop visting this board. It's my choice.

If I'm not mistaken, Code 3 is a privately run company. If they don't wish to direct potential customers to a board where people trash them for every decision they make, that is their choice.

Just my $0.02

On a side note to Mike - Thanks for assuming the reins to the board and keeping it running for everyone.

Stay safe,

Tom

If I remember correctly, more than a few of the people that habituate this forum were disgruntled C3 posters from many years back and from the way they were treated - rightfully so..the bottom line is basically live and let live.
The end result of this will in all probabilities be some bloodletting, some relief, some getting of a life (my goodness, some definately needed that) and hopefully we all learned a little.
We all (including those that don't collect or kitbash) enjoy these forums for what they are - a sharing of something we are extremely passionate about. Lets do it with some respect..

John, I assure you that Rich and Larry enjoy no special relationship with Code 3. As far as Code 3 goes, they're both just two guys. My opinion, from my personal observations.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)