Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brooklin Models?

Hello Guys

Do any of you guys know anything about Brooklin Models, and know of a good dealer and resourse for them?. I am very interested in the packard ambulance that they are coming out with. I thought if the diamond plate is not that great that i should go ahead and ask for something expensive for Christmas for once. I would very much any information that any of you guys can provide me with.

Thanks
John

Re: Brooklin Models?

http://www.diecastdirect.com/default.asp?c=True

I have a few of them - the Ford pick-up fire truck, Willy's pick-up and a KB-8 dump truck. They are made of white metal - very 'dense' or heavy, but also fragile. The paint finish is applied heavily as well, but a nice gloss finish. They are hand-built, using a non-solvent glue. They recommend using white glue to attach detail parts like mirrors and license plates. If you get one, be careful because they can come apart from everyday handling. Some of them may have defects, but I think that may be inherent with this type of diecast metal. The bed of my Willy's Jeep has a hairline separation long the bed rail

Don't expect Code 3 accuracy with a Brooklin issue. These are made in the late 50s early 60s quality mode. There will be plenty cast on details, and the paint is very thick. However, you can detail their models to your needs, with chrome foil, and bottle paints. An antenna or mirror on the older style issues also helps. I have some of the 1953 Ford F1 Ambulances, and repainting them makes a nice display model.

John Try Web site www.automobiliashop.com He is located in Melrose Mass. He has a great site and deals in Brooklyn Models. He is a great guy and easy to deal with, a longtime friend. Walt

Correction to my post above: This statement, "They only have a very few non-emergency vehicles..." should have read, "They only have a very few non-police emergency vehicles..."

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)