Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clearwater Fl and other Day Glo rigs

Does anyone want to see C3 do Clearwater in its old paint? Any ideas why they have not?

Does ayone know of any day glo models out there now? besides Seminole?

Re: Clearwater Fl and other Day Glo rigs

John - I would love to see C3 do a Clearwater rig in the German red & pearl white. I sold them on going to that color several years back, and delivered three Quality/Spartan pumpers which were the first units with that color combination. Those were followed by five General Safety/pumpers and several Saulsbury units in that color. There was a lot of controversy over the color for the first couple of years, but the Chief wanted to looked different from the rest of Pinellas County.

thisis the thing that frustrates me re Code 3

1. They have the molds

2. The unusual color would sell out big time

3. but the truck hasn't been made

They could do the Pierce Tower, engine and rescue. I would snap these up in a minute and so would most everyone.

John:

I agree those Clearwater rigs would make great models and sell out fast. They have sold the two Pierce Sky-Arm Towers they had. They were having a lot of problems with them and worked a deal with Pierce to take them back and they are getting a tiller.

As a semi-frequent visit to this part of Florida, I too would snap up the Clearwater Day Glo rigs. Does C3 HAVE a Spartan Mould? Also, Corgi has the makings for a great replication of the 70's era Clearwater Engine and Truck 46, which were housed at the Beach station. They were a '63 Seagrave Closed Cabover Engine and a '58 Seagrave Anniversary tillered aerial (complete with the open cab jump seat ala History Channel). Both were in the red which preceded the Day Glo.

C3 does not have the APrtan mold (maybe its coming) but the certainly have the Pierce molds. Alas the new tiller will not be dayglo

Hello,

John, I would love to see Code 3 do these rigs. I Love lime and day-glo as they make a real break from the norm. Have you ever seen the U.K. appliances from Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service? They look cool in day-glo and are more or less unique in the U.K. Fire & Rescue Service. If not, drop me your e-mail and I will send you pictures.

Darren would love to see the lancashire pieces. my email is Johnantonelli1@yahoo.com

We can't forget Fox Lake IL

Hello,

John, I tried sending the photos to the e-mail address you gave me but the keep on comming back saying no account of this name.

See other post.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)