Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cookie

Just an FYI....Bravenet(Supplier of this forum) Installs a Tracking Cookie on your computer.
I thought it was a fluke at 1st,but everytime I run my Spyware cleanup...There it is!

Re: Cookie

They have been doing that for a very long time. I run "Ad-aware" after visiting(or just go into cookies & delete it manually).

Quite a few websites place a tracking cookie when you visit, all it does is log what type of sites you visit, for research into peoples shopping habits.
Sometimes I do a sweep before visiting this board, and find I have picked up more than 20 from the few sites I go to each day.
I use the free scan from lavasoft.com to do a sweep on my PC, and I do it a few times a day, just in case one of the cookies is a threat.
I believe the new version of norton 2007 does this automaticaly, before the cookie gets into your PC.
I should be upgrading soon anyway.

If you have Comcast, download their free Pest eliminator.

I also see the Bravenet tracker, and wipe it off. In my opinon, it is an invasion of privacy. If they include it, they should be obligated to inform you about their spying when you view any of their sites. Why should we allow them to monitor us?

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)