Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Corgi Valhalla Maxim

Burbank's House of Hobbies shows the Corgi Valhalla Maxim as in stock today....

Re: Corgi Valhalla Maxim

Photo and product review of this model will be in the November TOY TRUCKER Magazine.

The 1936 REO Speedwagon Pumper for Shippensburg, PA was also supposed to be released around this time, but my sources at Corgi tell me that it is now back ordered.

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

I received it yesterday from Zion Antiqu Mall.
http://www.zionantiquemall.com/
$41.25+6.95 s/h

I have had both on order since June. The Maxim was originally said to be a July release, & the REO in August. Little by little, both have been pushed back. The Maxim has yet to arrive. It reminds me of a certain "other" company----lol.

Corgi shows both as available from their website???

Corgi have a lot of delayed models this year, probably due to 50 th anniversary models.

The Maxim came today, & I was impressed.....UNTIL I saw the rear hose bed. They only loaded the rear 1/3 of the bed.(does the NMMM version have a bed cover by some chance.....without a full load under it?) It detracts severely from the model. I will have to come up with something in scale to load the bed properly. This one gets a 5 out of 10 from me.
(will have to paint the tail lights red too--- they are amber on the model, but that's no big deal)

I just got mine today. Not bad. Hose load is a little weird, but still, overall nice quality piece. Seems a little small compared to the Mack L and Seagrave Anniversaries

Valhalla maxium is still used as parade unit, they have a modified hose load
(dummy load)

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)