Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saturday's C3 DP Ten Truck Announcement...

Saturday is when Code 3 announces their next Diamond Plate, which has been confirmed by some as FDNY Ladder 10. I recall hearing that the target price was around the same range as the prior releases. We'll see if that holds true. Any guesses on edition size? 10,000? Or 10,000 announced, but produced in batches of 3,000 or so, so they can "drop" the last batch if the thing doesn't sell?

Finally, who's buying one (or more)? I'm tempted, though my big case is getting crowded with all these great Yat-Ming and Highway 61 releases!

mjl

Re: Saturday's C3 DP Ten Truck Announcement...

I'm guessing edition size will be no more than 5,000. I'd be surprised if they can sell that many, especially if the price is $250 or above.

I'm still undecided on buying one. It would be a much easier decision if Yat-Ming, Hwy 61, and First Gear weren't putting out such great stuff at affordable prices.

I'll be getting one ...and relettering to 38 to be sitting next to E88.

Does 38 have the same flag design then???
Or did you mean you will completely strip the flag decals and THEN reletter it??

I'll wait 3 months until they reduce the price to $24.99 so they can continue to screw their loyal collectors......

I AM ORDERING FIVE ,THIS TRUCK HAS A SPECIAL MEANING TO ME WITH ITS TIES TO 911. IT MAY NOT SELL OUT,BUT I WILL HAVE WHAT I WANT. I STILL HAVE 10 OF THE 1ST 10 TRUCK AND 2 ON DISPLAY. AS FOR ASELL OUT YOU NEVER REALLY KNOW

I agree that everyone should wait. No matter if issue is 1000, 3000, 5000, or a Gazillion, the excess will end up at some liquidator. Haven't you people learned that simple fact of life yet? Sheeesh !!!

That theory only works sometimes.
Fot those who thought that when the 1/64th 10 truck was realeased, or squad 61 DP, well they snoozed.
10 truck in DP will not be or remain a shelf sitter.
And the more multiples people buy, the less chance of you blood sucking leeches getting it at a knock down 50 bucks next year.

I am planning on getting if the price is in the same range as previous DPs. Will look nice with the 1/64th and the photo of the pre-numbered real rig with the mural on it I have.

Yeah, I don't recall Squad 61 getting liquidated...

mjl

Technicaly, they have not completed the production run yet on squad 61, but either way, it still would have sold out before liquidation.

Photos are posted in the workshop. Looks good, under $300 which means $295 probably with a listed quantity of 3000.

I will be ordering this one and I predict it will sell out.

Two years ago, Ten Truck models (at any scale) struck me as a license to print money. Will the present die-cast market bear that out? Don't know, but I bet they'll sell every one they produce.

mjl

Don't be so quick to change any graphics on Truck 10. I would expect to see C3 to release future DP Trucks to got with FDNY Engine 68 (Mets) and Engine 273 (Yankees)..............especially if Truck 10 sells out!

Hello,

I really like the look of it. I love the larger scale diecasts and this will definetly be getting added to my collection. When and if it ever goes on sale I think I will be having one converted to a FDNY Ladder 4. My money is on this baby selling out thoough. At least I have found a use for the last of my loyalty rewards I have left hanging around!!

"Photos are posted in the workshop. Looks good, under $300 which means $295 probably with a listed quantity of 3000."

No it says first 3,000 to ship late Jan. early Feb. the way I read that, there will be more than 3,000
Price will be $299.99 under $300

Just a couple things I learned at Past Time last Saturday:

L10 Diamondplate preorders will start at $250, then jump to $300, then to $350. Edition size is not fixed. Although C3's first order is for 3000 pieces, they will make more if there is demand.

An E10 Diamondplate will follow.

Also, there are two more 4th quarter releases that were not displayed - a total of 3 in Nov. and 3 in Dec.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)