Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 LA County FL

Just got mine and it will be going back right after I push the send button on this.

What a piece of crap!! Completely wrong rear light configuration and the best part.....rather than putting in a grill with NO lights.....they just figured it would look better if they painted them silver to blend in with the rest of the grill.

Again, complete inaccurate, repainted piece of junk.

You may disagree, but I'm not paying $45 for those types of overlooks on a so called replica.

Re: Code 3 LA County FL

Thanks John, I will not buy that one that is for sure. I guess code 3 is back to childish funrise.

Sucky models suck.

mjl

I actually like it alot. A real fire wagon. I just thought the grill lights were LEDs

Mine arrived today also. First and foremost, its an LA County rig, so for me it a winner! A couple of nit-picky downsides to the model...first, the lettering is gold leaf rather than golden yellow; second, the the rear lights should have been changed; third, the lightbar should be all red and isn't. One detail thats a positive is that they painted the large holes on the wheels black, which looks nice. Overall, the color red is very good, and the retooling to the rear cabinets is pretty accurate. All in all, I'm glad they finally made this one.

Mike Q.

Looking at the pix that were on fireengines.net there were NO grill lights. I thought LED as well, but I think this rig pre-dates LED light packages.

I'd give this model a 6 on a 1 to 10 scale. Clearly not C3's best work, but I still like it. I could care less about the inaccuracies with the light bar and rear lights. I wish they would have put a little more effort into the body. It would have been nice to have the doors for the SCBA bottle storage and the right rear compartment looks kind of cheesy. Overall not a bad piece in my eyes.

The rear lights may not be an innacuracy.
The real truck may not have been delivered with these FDNY style ones fitted, they could have been added afterwards, and we all know the model would have been made from available blueprints, not just a few photo's.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)