Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retro 1.2.3 Ahrens-Fox

For those of you who have seen the ad for the Retro 1.2.3 model of the 1933 Ahrens-Fox C-T-4 pumper, what do you think? This thing in 1/8 scale and 41 inches long must be a stunning model - it sure has a stunning price on it. They say in the ad it is a limited production of 75 models. I wonder how many are going to sell at that price.

Re: Retro 1.2.3 Ahrens-Fox

Agreed, stunning on both counts. I imagine that there are some collectors out there who will spend the money.

I can't help but think of Overland Models Horton Rescue. That was pricey as well, and I don't believe it sold well. Perhaps someone has more info on how it fared on the market?

Re: Retro 1.2.3 Ahrens-Fox / Overland Models

If I heard correctly, the Overland brass fire models never went into production. They would have been super cool, and expensive yes!

The Retro 1-2-3 models have quite a devoted following. For example, take their GM Futurliner bus model. That was hugely expensive (as are all their models) but created quite a buzz among collectors of vintage models. There's a guy in my diecast club who has 4 or 5 of the Retro models. I've seen them on display at his home and they really ARE huge. Retro is taking a chance with this one because it's their first fire truck, but at that low number, I think they'll sell most of them.

I agree; most likely a very stunning model but it almost seems like too much of a good thing. IMHO they don't get much better than the Yat Ming A-F. And it fits on the shelf to boot! Think I'll stick to the small stuff!

I would love to have one, but don't have the funds currently. If I did I would go for it. Would need a new display case, or table, to hold it.

Having a hard time imagining the size.

How much wud Retro charge for a length of 2 1/2" hose? I have a few pieces of NOS 1:1 scale Fox stuff that Kurt Nepper gave to me back in the seventies, guess that will have to do.

I really believe the'll sell all of them!

Perhaps a little bit expensive...
Like the pics of these old rig; it seems that"s the first time this type of AF is made in scale model... hhhmmm scale model in large scale!!

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)