Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More Moel Firehouse Help?

Hi guys

I took your advise and contacted Walthers for some information on HO scale Firehouses now i would like to know if ther are some different resourses for a firehouse that will hold a Corgi engine or is walthers the way to go for that also?.

Corgi is the way to go this year. Code 3 is saveing me money.

Thanks
John

Re: More Moel Firehouse Help?

Twin Whistle (www.twinwhistle.com) makes some really nice firehouses, a "Boston" house and a "FDNY" house. The 'Plasticville" and K-Line kits don't have the room at the bay doors to fit Corgi-sized models. AmeriTowne building kits (http://www.ogaugerr.com/products/buildings/bldgkits.html) have a Firehouse kit that will fit Corgi trucks as well. MTH and Lionel make 'operating' buildings with vehicles included. The Lionel one has an extra bay that is also tight to fit a Corgi-sized vehicle in.

Re: More Moel Firehouse Help?

Grandt Line produces some modular builing units in "O" scale which make dandy firehouse fronts. Solid resin cast and a bit pricey at around $15 each. A bit of cutting and pasting and you have your front! Then, build your own sides and roof and you have an excellent display. Building an entire firehouse is a bit of a project and the result requires a lot of space to display. I have a couple in Corgi scale on display at the Utah Firefighter's Museum.
For more modern fire houses, I build them primarily from Plexiglass. Cheap and all one has to do is mask out the areas for windows before painting. Details like wall finishes are available in sheets and bay doors can be made from Evergreen patterned plastic. Entry doors and windows can be purchased as seperate pieces from Grandt Line, too.
If you wish to detail the interior, that's another deal entirely but this is only to give you some ideas on building your own. To make things possibly easier, MTH makes a line of plastic buildings that can be cut up to provide fronts, sides, roofs, details and all that. Go for it!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)