Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Into The Fire' on Television Tonight

The IAFC (International Association of Fire Chiefs) sent out an e-mail to all members announcing the TV show 'Into The Fire' will be shown tonight (October 13th) at 8:00 Eastern, 7:00 Central on the History Channel.

Should have some great footage...

I understand it will also be available on a DVD once tonight's broadcast has been completed.

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: 'Into The Fire' on Television Tonight

For those of you that can't watch it tonight, it has also been scheduled for Sunday, October 22nd, at 4:00 PM Eastern, 3:00 PM Central.

Fireman's Fund Insurance Company is the one that financed this project.

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: 'Into The Fire' on Television Tonight

Larry,
Thanks for reminding me of it. I was able to see some video I shot while a news cameraman at the NBC affil in Erie,PA. During the 2nd half hour they do the story about the little girl who was run over in a parking lot, but the video they used was from a fatal fire back in the 90's in Erie. 10-11 year old boy killed when grandfather put wrong fuel in a kerosene heater. Bad scene. Video shows Erie FD and Emergycare (EMS service) with the kid on a stretcher going down the street to the waiting Medic unit. Really suprised to see it. 2nd time I had video make it nationally. First time was triple fatal fire in transient hotel. Erie FD made some great rescues, would have been hard not to get good video...unless you weren't there. Left TV when I burned out after 10 years of 3rd shift mayhem. Miss some times, but most of the time I don't. Thanks again for the reminder, I highly recommend the show....very well done. I'm going to buy the DVD when they release it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)