Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vegas Snozzle Nits?

Inspired by the FE bulletin board thread, what are everyone's nits to pick on Code 3's Vegas Snozzle?

Here are pictures of the production piece from a different FE BB thread.

(Why pick nits? For myself, it's to determine the accuracy and/or quality of the model. The higher the both, the greater my satisfaction.)

I'll start... there's a second set of hand rails between the "snozzle spacer" and the rest of the pump body. Left there by accident, no doubt. D'oh! Can they be easily snapped off, with no glue spot left behind?

mjl

Re: Vegas Snozzle Nits?

There are always nits to pick. Usually, I was one of the worst nitpickers, but I actually like this piece despite its minor flaws.

It's a great model, Code 3 did a good job in my opinion. Can't wait to get some others from LVFD.

AHHHHHHHHHH, Guys I really am in a tight spot. My Vegas Snozzle leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I don't know what to do, do I send it back hoping for another that is better, do I keep it and see if I can make it what it should be? The truck itself is straight, no bow. However, the pump panel is not, it tilts to the front. The yellow paint stripe on the body is not straight; it tilts upwards to the rear. The thicker diamond plate top that is on the "old" body doesn't extend to the "new" addition. The stripe on the cab doesn't even come close to aligning with the stripe on the body. If you were in my place, what would you do? Is anybody else noticing these issues? I think this is another release that "they" dropped the ball on, could have been so much more but they chose to push it out. Sorry for the vent, just looking for some help.

Looking at the photos that have been posted on fe.net, it appears that this is not specific to mine, looks to be on at least one more.

Brian

I have 3, here in the UK, and 2 are consecutive certificate numbers,and one is 400 below, but the point is, all 3 are perfect, except on one, the word paramedic is just a little bit slanted.(but hardly notices)
If you are not happy with your model now, you will never grow to like it, so send it back for another.

Only one problem if he sends it back....it's sold out. I ran into that problem with the generic Chicago E-One Platform. Mine arrived damaged, when I called C3, they said they could only give me a refund b/c it was sold out. They said that they didn't keep any "spares" on hand.

So, if you want another one, you may have to return the one you have to C3 and get a refund then buy it from Pastime or Westchester or other......

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)