Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not that it would happen, but would you buy it??

So an FDNY DP 10 Truck is coming and a few posts down there was mention that Engine 10 was also going to replicated as a Diamond Plate.

Soooooo.....all that's left is a Diamond Plate Firehouse for them. Now granted there is probably less than a 1% chance Code 3 would mass produce a large scale 10 House, BUT if they produced them on a per order basis, would any of you buy it? Let's assume the price is less than $450....

In the interest of space, there is NO WAY I could do it. But think of how cool it would be....especially if you added lights (like on the base of the Chicago Fire Boat) or a pre-recorded dispatch calling the rigs out. How cool would that be....

Re: Not that it would happen, but would you buy it??

No to all of the above.

Great Idea but no thanks. What I have now is what I have. I have absolutely no space for any kind of firetruck model large or small or even matchbox. I am maxed out on space. I also have police cars and some 1/12th scale model cars. Looks like I will not be getting 10 Truck Diamondplate.

I am up in the air about the DP 10 Truck. I like it. However like the other couple DPs I purchased, I may wait. I'll put it on my Christmas wish list and if someone loves me enough I might just get it. it worked last year with the Super Pumper set.

As for the Firehouse, nope. The darn thing would be too large. Assuming the real sation is only 50' x 100' you would be looking at a 1/34 footprint of about 15 1/2" x 35 1/4" That is nearly as large as the desk I have this computer sitting on.

Jeff

Agree Jeff.....clearly the size would be huge, but I'm betting somewhere out there that there is a buff with a big basement, time, and the right tools and skills to scratch build a replica of the 10 House that will blow us away.

I have to admit, I am a bit surprised that C3 didn't take the leap and add some level of working lights, but then again, it may take away from the piece and make it more toylike vice collectable.

No to all.(T-10, E-10 & the house)

A DP ladder was long long overdue. The problem is make something different like a bronto or quint. We have enough DP engines and enough DP engines from FDNY. As a collector, I want something unique but not as unique as a Skywalker ranch pump (although I bought one for $50). THe Philly DP and PTH Chicago are good examples. I have alot of the FDNY stuff, but only the unique ones, not everyone. As to a hall, no way. Too much sapce and too much $$$$$

What about only doing a facade, only the front site.

Sorry, but I already have a doorstop (Patriot Pumper).

Hey Chuck, your dawg could always sleep in it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)