Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Undec Police Dodge Chargers In Stock

For those Police car custom builders - we have received the new JADA 1/24 2006 Dodge Charger R/T Police cars - they are awesome! Each car comes with 2 clear lens lightbars, pushbar and display case. Vitit us at Policecarmodels.com for more details!

Re: Undec Police Dodge Chargers In Stock

I hope the Magnum wagon gets done at some point. An all white version, I would buy for conversion to a FD chief's buggy.

Is anyone ever going to do a Suburban?

You can't tell me there is no market for one.

Paul

Matchbox did two Suburbans - one as a Pima County Sheriff DARE vehicle and one as a fire chief's truck a few years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think they sold very well - a Toys R Us near me had a whole load of them for quite awhile. Jada also did a Suburban in NYPD markings, although it looked more like a Tahoe - said it was a Suburban. There was another company, one of the Chinese no-name diecast companies, that did one in LAPD-type markings. All of the above were 1:24th.

I have the Pima County, I like it a lot. I saw the NYPD, and was not impressed.

What I'm looking for is a 1/24th or 1/18th plain old white suburban. I bought a 1/18th made by Welly, but they are as rare as hen's teeth.

I contacted Welly and advised them of the vast untapped market for the white suburban. Got the usual corporate answer.

Don't these companies want to make money?

--end rant--

Paul

I agree that a plain white Suburban in either of those scales would be very welcome, especially with multiple lightbars as in the 1:43rd one by Welly. Maybe they'd do one since they have blank cars in 1:24 and 1:26.

FEedEx brought me (3) of the new Chargers today...great looking model...looks even better as one of our Expressway Patrol Units:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/edb157/DSC02579.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q299/edb157/DSC02573.jpg

Not a bad job for $22 plus a little over an hour of the decals.

Nice job Ed.

It does look very nice.

Paul

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)