Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Individual Del Prado releases now available in the United States

For those of you collectors out there in search of specific Del Prado pieces, you might want to check out www.AwesomeDiecast.com. They recently entered into an agreement with Del Prado to sell many of the individual pieces to collectors in the United States. Now if only specific American releases interest you, you no longer have to wait up to two years or buy the entire collection for hundreds of dollars just to get the Las Vegas heavy rescue or the '74 Mack pumper for example. They also have other European units with many more arriving in November.

Re: Individual Del Prado releases now available in the United States

Since Del Prado is known to use other companies' molds, I wonder if that FDNY Excursion on page 2 is made from the NYPD Excursion mold that Corgi announced last year but never released?

Dick,

I'm not so sure that Del Prado uses other's tools as much as we think. I have both the RC and the DP Christie and they differ on several details. The other ones thought to be borrowed are the Seagrave and the Leyland Cub. However I have the DP and they seem to lack the details of the MB models I used ot have.

Jeff

Jeff, you're probably right, as I haven't seen a lot of the Del Prados anywhere else. Just thought the widely varying scales were kind of odd, though clearly some are done because of space limitations (to fit the box). I was thinking of the first Del Prado, the British Bedford fire engine, which seemed to be a straight reissue of the MB Yesteryears truck. The Corgi pre-production photo of the Excursion lacked so much detail that it's hard to say whether the two are alike, but since Corgi didn't issue it and it's one of the latest Del Prados, it seemed logical that they might have acquired the tool.

So is Awesome Diecast a real site? :-) It has just enough of awkward design to make you wonder, at first pass at least.

mjl

There are a couple of pieces I wouldn't mind getting from Del Prado, but it's been well publicized that the scale advertised, is usually not the scale the pieces is actually finished to(1/64 ends up being 1/60 for example). That alone, keeps me from buying any.

Mike:

I thought the same thing. This site is powered by http://www.shoppal.com/. According to the shoppal website you get "Quick access through your ShopPal Stores control panel allows you the ability to set up, design, and manage your own web business. No HTML knowledge is required. Your business can be online with your own ecommerce store solution in a matter of minutes."

All of their customers use the same web boilerplate to sell their goods.

I would be interested in knowing more about their "agreement with Del Prado to sell many of the individual pieces to collectors in the United States."

My sources say he is the new United States distributor.

Question for Jeff @ AD: Will you guys be getting, or be able to get, all 120+ releases that have appeared overseas?

mjl

We have access to the entire line of Del Prado - there just has to be the demand for it. American type releases are the focus, but if there are specific models you are interested in, email me and I'll see what I can do to source them. Not all pieces are available immediately - some actually have to be produced in China like the Sutphen ladder we just ordered and others. Results in a 3 month delay. But everything is avaialable ultimately.

Sutphen Ladder? Is this a new piece? More info please...

and JEff pleae tell us about Gettysburgh as i could not find it on your site.

Are you the supplier to Westchester? and where would I get the better deal?

Jeff, are you both a supplier and a dealer? That is, supplying DPs to other retailers as well as selling them yourselves?

mjl

My apologies, I meant the 1:87 E-One HP 100 produced in the graphics of a 2003 Montreal ladder truck. There is also an E-One rear-mount I recently saw which I am getting information on. Currently there are 140 pieces in the Del Prado collection all of which are available, but some have to be manufactured based on market demand. We're testing the waters with some of the nicer American pieces, but collectors will drive the releases we list.

In addition to what we have in stock, the following arrive in mid-November:

1:64 1974 Mack CF 600 pumper
1:64 1958 American LaFrance 900 open cab pumper
1:64 Janus 4000 Bi-front rescue truck
1:57 1953 International pumper
1:80 2002 Lance Pierce heavy rescue – Las Vegas
1:64 1996 Astra HD7 crane – Italian Autoroute
1:64 1993 Iveco tanker – Italian Autoroute
1:50 2004 Ford Excursion – FDNY
1:72 2003 Iveco Magirus ladder truck
1:64 Scania Rescue/Pumper - French Autoroute

Westchester is one of our partners and you can purchase from him or from us, however we'll have all the releases in North America, and Westchester might only choose to stock certain ones.

Mike, you are correct - we are the Importer and a dealer, however we will not undersell our retailers.

Suggested pricing has been set by Del Prado at $19.95.
In order for this relationship to work ,we cannot interfere with their on-going subscription business, hence the higher price points. We are also flying trucks in from Europe to meet the holiday buying period as opposed to bringing them by ship, and this is much more costly. In the future, when orders come by ship, we will certainly pass the savings on to our retail and wholesale customers.

John A, all items are available for $ 17,50 each,

when you buy more then 8 in one shipment $ 16, ex shipping, some items still on its way to me

Location: The Netherlands, the behind the ***** wooden shoe and grasscountry

Hans then you have the lime SSutphen.

ok how much and how do I get it to you?

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)