Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
die-cast direct

BUYER BEWARE OF THIS OUTFIT. THEY TOLD ME AN ITEM WOULD PROBABLY BE CARGED AND SHIPPED 30 DAYS FROM PHONE CALL. WHAT DO THEY DO BUT CHARGE AND SHIP EARLIER THAN THAT. THIS PUT ME IN THE DOGHOUSE FOR SURE!!!!!!

Re: die-cast direct

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. Personally I have had nothing but excellent experiences buying from Diecast Direct.

Tim,

They said it would ship within 30 days. It did. If that was a problem for your personal situation, then it's not the company's fault and they shouldn't be slammed for it.

Most people would be happy if something they ordered was shipped earlier than expected and complain if it shipped later. Unless you told them not to ship it until a certain date, it appears they acted in good faith.

Stay safe,

Tom

I have had nothing but good experiences when ordering from them. Plus, never have heard anyone complain they got something sooner than expected.

Never had a problem with them. Only issue I've had is that if you order a bunch of items and select "ship when all items are available" Sometimes they will mail some of your order right there and then and send the rest later--this of course means you get hit for shipping twice. I called and asked them about this and they politely explained that they don't have the warehouse space to hold orders if they are waiting for one or two more pieces that won't come in for another few months. It makes sense to me. In all, I think they're great!

Tom has got a good point there. Everything is okay now and am out of dog house issue. I think though they should not allow orders until in hand?? I am excited getting the truck sooner but I think from now on save my pennies and when has enough spend then and not before

Hey Tim, I can only imagine the type of letters you send to Santa after the holiday event,LOL,

I only deal with Diecast Direct. Great company and prices. Them and PTH. Looks like you're in the minority.

In the years I have been purchasing from them, only the new Corgi Maxim was an issue...being much later than they originally said when I ordered, but that isn't their fault.(still waiting on the REO, but from a different source & that was advertised as an August release) Over all, they have been great to deal with.

I've ordered items several times. One order was split, but they didn't charge any extra postage. I always got items without a hassle. You can't fault them for shipping early, if you placed the order.

I've had great experiences with Diecast Direct as well, and it's hard to beat their prices for most items. What business is going to hold an order for a 30-day period once they have the item on hand? They probably figured that any buyer would be glad to see it earlier. Best rule in this case is, "If you can't afford it now, don't order it now." Glad to hear everything worked out in the end for Tim. The only things I find annoying about DD is that they often get new items well after other companies have them and they list items as "due" in shortly, even though they know they likely won't be in for months. When I asked them about that, they claimed that they just list the due dates the manufacturers give them. I know that some companies, like Minichamps and J Collection and Precision Miniature and ERTL - I guess most of them - are notorious for missing announced release dates, but if the dates are so unreliable, don't list a due date at all. But, it's not a big deal - it will get there when it gets there.

I have have had several items shipped to me in Australia from Diecast Direct. Never had a problem. Would recommend them to anyone.

DITTO! I have ordered many items over the years from Diecast Direct. NEVER a problem. Excellent prices and selection. IMHO they are one of the best diecast dealers in the country.

They are one of the best retailers on the net. I've ordered plenty of stuff, never a hassle. There was a long delay for the Corgi Baltimore ladder, but that wasn't their fault and they didn't charge until shipped.

Asheville Diecast is another story, however......

Steve, what happened with Ashville diecast?? I was going to order from them a while back.

In all fairness to Asheville, I'm going back quite a few years so maybe things have changed. However, with so many other people competing for my dollars, one bad experience will be the last for me.

Asheville's policies were a borderline scam. They advertised items which they didn't stock, and didn't tell you that until after you ordered. They would charge your card, with the promise of shipment within four months....YES, FOUR MONTHS! Cancelling an order and getting your money back was like pulling teeth. Frankly, I can't believe they're still in business.

I have to wonder if they were more into the business of flipping other people's money in day trading, similar to how Paypal makes most of its money.

WOW, some bad stuff Steve.

Just for S&G's, I checked their website. There on the front page, it says "We don't charge your credit card until we're ready to ship your order."

I guess they've sworn off the past.

I bought my first C-3's thru them....Batt 44 set..They where GREAT and offerd alot of info..if I need to deal with anyone ,it's with them...Better service through them than C-3 !!!!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)