Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Broward County EMS truck from First Gear

A truly unique fire department is based in Broward County, Florida. The Department of Fire Rescue and Emergency Services is an 800+ member department encompassing 31 cities in South Florida including Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood. What makes it so unique is the entire department comes under the control of the County Sheriff creating a fully integrated community service organization. Detention is also under the umbrella.

Therefore on the EMS trucks the Broward Sheriff's Office (BSO) operates, it states Sheriff's Office before anything else. The truck also features nice graphics.

Check it out at www.awesomediecast.com and take advantage of the discounted price until the trucks arrive in late November.

Re: New Broward County EMS truck from First Gear

Neat... it is prototypically correct? That is, does BC run that made 'n' model of ambo?

mjl

This is an exact replica of Rescue 32 from Dania Beach, Florida which is the technical rescue team for the county. They only use the International 4400i chassis.

In addition, what makes this model even more interesting is the certificate of authenticity it comes with signed by the Fire Chief, Joseph Lello, and the union President, Walter Dix.

We produced 480, but 335 have been sold to department members, and the truck has not even arrived yet.

This truck is selling for $49.95 for pre-arrival orders but will go to $59.95 when they arrive. So if you're thinking of getting one, save yourself $10.00 and buy soon!

I try searching for the Awesomediecast web site and nothing comes up. Help.

http://www.awesomediecast.com/

Tried yahoo and google search and also entering the web site direct, nothing comes up.

Use the web site that Pete(UK) shows. Then click on Fire/EMS, then the Broward County bar in the center of the page. It will come up.

The Broward County Sheriffs Department of Fire and EMS does not include Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood - they have their own fire departments.

You are correct that Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood do have their own departments, but the BSO does respond in unincorporated areas of these cities as well as Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport where they operate the entire rescue service and Port Everglades.

For more info on the BSO, check out their website @ www.sheriff.org and you will see these cities are listed in their service area.

I ordered mine. I can't wait to get it. I love that Broward County Sheriff/Fire-Rescue stuff. Thanks for making it!

Glad you liked the truck. There has been such a strong response from BSO members that we are now studying several options for the 2007 release which might be a Code 3 model. Time will tell!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)