Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New DelPrado Water Bomber & Fire Boat

DelPrado has just issued a model of the Canadair CL415 water bomber, not sure of the scale. They have also issued German Fireboat the "Lt Gillet" and a Eurocopter EC145 rescue copter.

Re: New DelPrado Water Bomber & Fire Boat

These are the only three pieces Del Prado has produced in a collection they were experimenting with for fire-related equipment, not just trucks. We are looking into bringing the Canadair Water Bomber in.

Eurocopter is shiped to me today.

arriving in 10 days, will cost $ 15 ex shipping

Location: The Netherlands, the behind the ***** wooden shoe and grasscountry

Unfortunately, the Water Bomber cannot be displayed attractively off its base and on the landing gear. It is top-heavy in the tail, and will not sit on its nose gear. You'd think they might have been able to engineer this better.

We are guaging collector interest, especially for the Canadain water bomber and whether we should import from Europe. If we decide to bring it in, it will retail in the vicinity of $12 USD. Do any of you care to add the bomber, the helicopter or the ship to your collections?

Jeff - I would be interested in all of those Del Prados.

Jeff:

I as well would pick-up the Del Prado pieces you are inquiring about. Would love to see more wildland diecast pieces from the diecast industry.

Wait a minute, if this collection retails at $12, why do the regular series retail at $25? Let me guess, so as not to compete with the regular subscription series, correct? If these special releases appear in the subscription series, will then they retail for $25?

The wholesale price for regular releases must be in the range of $10.

mjl

The normal selling price for the Delprado models in Germany is 14.00 euros but now these 4 special models are included in the serie for only 10.00 euros (I think they have too many in stock and absolutely want to sell them !!!)

Jeff,

I would be interested in the Canadair CL415 water bomber.

Sean

I'm in! I'd be interested in the plane and the helicopter especially and any American fire apparatus. Just tell me where to order and I'll send the $$$

We just ordered some of the Canadair water bombers so check back to this site and we'll update you.

What some of you are forgetting is while the models cost 10-14 Euros, there is also a hefty shipping rate to bring them across the Atlantic. Much more expensive then the Florida warehouse we ship from.

Until now, Europe has been the bulk of Del Prados market and so the models they release are done more to please that market. If we can generate enough interest with American collectors, then I'm told they will increase the number of American releases in the future.

As an added benefit, we are offering an introductory special to collectors buying 10 pieces of Del Prado or more by offering a 10% discount on the entire order. Regarding shipping, we use UPS and to ship 5 pieces for example throughout most of the country costs about $10.00 - that's $2.00 each, much cheaper then buing from Europe - and we'll shortly have all the American models made.

"I'm told they will increase the number of American releases in the future."

What does this mean?

1. They will create more toolings of American models, that have yet to be released anywhere in the world?

2. They will re-release the toolings of American models already released in Europe?

Regarding #1, is there an "upper limit" for how many more toolings are going to be created, period? We had always heard that 150 was the total number of toolings, based on the Italian series number. Is DP willing to basically... keep making more models, as long as they'll sell??

mjl

I was told if they can generate enough interest State-side, they will produce more American models which they will obviously release in Europe too.

150 units? No way, they have a 3000 unit production minimum.

Let me clarify my last point. We've always heard that the number of new issues / toolings would stop at 150. Right now, they're around 140.

mjl

Mike, I asked Del Prado directly and they confirmed 3000 worldwide. I would have to commit to 1000 pieces just for the United States If you think about it, it would be cost prohibitive to produce 140 units. That's a very small number considering the number of people collecting Del Prado now around the world!

Since making this line available two weeks ago, we've sold over 300 assorted pieces with lots of backorders for stuff coming. If it really was 140, people would be paying a lot more per piece if they wanted to collect this line.

Jeff,

When speaking of 140, Mike is speaking about the different models availables, not the production run !!!

I've heard last week that they will go now at least to 200 !!!

...just call us Abbott and Costello.

:-)

mjl

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)