Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CODE 3 RELEASES

HOW MANY FDNY RELEASES DO YOU NEED??? THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME..BUT ONLY THE NUMBERS CHANGE..I HAVE CLOSE TO 30 FDNY TRUCKS...WHY MORE??? COME ON CODE 3..YOU ASKED ABOUT WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE AND YOU DROPPED THE BALL ON THAT..JUST REPAINTS OF OLD MOLDS..CORGI IS LOOKING GOOD WITH NEW MOLDS...YOU MAKE GREAT LOOKING MODELS,BUT ENOUGH OF THE SAME OLD STUFF...GIVE ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT..DO SOME FDNY SPECIAL UNITS OR LAFD SPECIAL UNITS..OR MAYBE SOME CLASSIC TRUCKS...ENOUGH OF FDNY..I GOT FRIENDS THERE AND THEY SAY THE SAME ....

All repaints. ..JUST REPAINTS OF OLD MOLDS.

Nobody was complaiining about repaints back then.
Sort of reminds me of Code 3's debut years ago in Target, when they'd put out four or five Seagrave engines from each department and the only thing different about them was the numbers and maybe a name on the front.
It took a couple of days but now it is official.

It makes you wonder why Code 3 doesn't come up with new molds.Other companies are doing it with more detail, larger scales, and older vintage.Speaking of older vintasge, they were supposed to do older apparatus a few years back.I wonder what happended to that. Code 3 is stuck on NYFD Seagraves.Why not do a Seagrave with a different body style and different Fire Dept.?.?.???????

Just look what Del Prado is up to. Too bad they are not 1/64th scale.

Code 3 is a business and like any business you go with what works for you--FDNY sells, so you make FDNY. I agree sometimes to take it to the next level you got to go outside the box and take a chance, but love'em or hate'em almost every release this year sold out during pre-sale. Code 3 isn't going change their business model with stats like that. My gripe with them has always been the false promises and how they have gone out of their way to alienate the loyal customers (club members) that helped launch them off the ground.

I hope Corgi, Yat-Ming, others do well....that may be the only chance of Code 3 getting the kick in the ass they need to get outside the box and break out some new molds (vintage and modern trucks) for other departments.

Time will tell, but I wouldn't hold my breath, BUT I will save my money. Better things are bound to come down the road. The hobby is too popular not to have more great models produced.

I, too, wish that Code 3 would model some other departments using the Seagrave mold. I realize that "FDNY sells" and that's why they keep making them, but at least, at the same time, use the Seagrave molds for making other departments as well. It's too decent of a mold to keep wasting it on one department. There are a ton of departments that run Seagrave apparatus that Code 3 is passing up.

Maybe code 3 is stupid on the Seagrave Issue. Sacramento Metro Fire runs Seagraves. I'm quite suprised we have not seen a rig from our own state capitol where Code 3 is located. Oh yaeh, I forgot, were dealing with funrise and not Code 3 anymore. My receipt from them says Funrise.

Tim,

Funrise has always owned Code 3. This is not a new revelation. As for this month's release, I guess I'm in the minority. I'll be getting all 3. The add ons to the FDNY pieces make them different enough to add to the collection. I also tend to go for the alternative colors so the Lafayette will find it's way to the shelf.

Jeff

My receipts used to have just the code 3 logo. Now they just have the funrise logo and no code 3 except whats in the order. I ordered the FDNY pieces. Looks like my FDNY collection will get large again. I used to have a lot of FDNY pices a long time ago but sold them because I was in a financial pinch then.

Well, it's been three days since the announcement and two of the trucks are now sold out on C3's site.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)