Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Franklin Mint E-One Tower question

Does anyone know where I can get a plexi-glass display cover for the FM E-One tower?

Thanks!

Josh
Va Beach, VA

Re: Franklin Mint E-One Tower question

We have Michael's Craft Stores on the west coast. I was going to measure the E-One Tower then see what I could find.

Over here in the UK, I went to one of those small firms who make and fit shop signs, as they work with plexiglass a lot.
They made everything to the exact size, mitred the edges, and bonded them together, and all I had to do was to make wood bases.
I started this over 25 years ago when I used to make the AMT truck and trailer kits in 1/25th scale, and those ones are still in perfect condition.

I purchased a Display Case that the FM E-One fits perfectly from Die-Cast Direct. It's Imex Case #2530 that sells for $18.95 + shipping. Size is 5 7/8 Wide X 5 7/8 High X 19 3/4 inches long.

Thanks for the heads up on die-cast direct.

Tim H,
Watch Out!! These are the people you posted a "Buyers Beware" post about

Don't understand that post because I never dealt with them

Let me refresh you're memory:

http://pub14.bravenet.com/forum/1136930767/show/578347

BUSTED AGAIN

what's the F****'n!! deal about that?? Maybe thingds have changed. Besides, what happens between the seller and thebuyer is their business AND NOBODY ELSES!!! JESUS ****IN AGE CHRIST, I'M SORRY IF I RUINED ANYBODY ELESES DAY. AND CONCERNED,WHY DON'T YOU REVEAL YOUR REAL NAME?? HOPE YOU ARE NOT DANNY FROM TEXAS. WHAT AN A-HOLE!!!!!! NUFF SAID.

Tim,

It is I who posted the reminder. Just a little poke in fun. I guess that didn't go over too well.

In any case, yes what goes on between parties is their business. However in this instance you came and made a post here on this board warning us to avoid Diecast Direct. You aired your laundry. Helpful Henry was just pointing out that less than 2 weeks ago YOU had a problem with that retailer. You didn't remember so I thought I would remind you.

I think you owe Danny in TX an apology. I have thick skin and I can take the heat. Goosfraba my man.

I think it is best that if you would like to continue this conversation it is taken off the board. Please feel free to email me directly.

Jeff

??

So I was critical of Die-Cast direct but the transaction came through with flying colors. So cancel out my critisim of die-cast direct.

Oops....Last post was an accident.Who is this Danny fron Texas?
appears that he ain't the A~~hole- You are...And ehy would he be one?
All that was done was remind you of your post!!
So you must be a Pimply Faced Punk Kid...Right????
Or a Liar??
If you dont lie you dont need to remember what you lied about....Confusious of Canada!!

Josh,
Sorry to interrupt your thread with this idjit.

Even more intriquing, is the fact that he says on another site, he has already been buying his display cases from past time anyway.
http://fireengines.net/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=9ac8c410a27e7d928d5d3c6f3b883ad1&topic=1242.0

So??? Why would you post that from another site????? I was just going to see what Michaels had since Chico Ca is the next town over from me. The ones from Past-Time hobbies are for my DP's only. Not for my Franklin Mints. That is a whole nother story.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)