Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Del Prado Pierce Bronto

Very nice looking little rig. Now I have another piece of apparatus to fight fires on my HO Layout

Re: Del Prado Pierce Bronto

Yeah, it's nice to FINALLY have a modern HO scale U.S. aerial device! I have 2 of these models and plan to buy the Del Prado 1/87 scale models Pierce quint and E-One Typhoon HP 75 quint. So there's more modern U.S. aerial devices to look forward to. Will you be adding these to your H.O. town's department as well?

the funny thing is i'm still using a ho scale model power alf ladder chief at my station # 1.it's still the closest thing i have to a real looking aerial.i have the athearn squirt,boley quint and busch alf tillered aerial but the squirt and alf seem too small for the rest of my stuff and the boley quint would take some major re-hab to make it look right.i have the bohemia bronto on order.i was at the finishing factory when bohemia's real one was almost ready for delivery.i'm looking forward to the del prado quint and 75' hp as well.

I forgot to mention that the Montreal E-One 100' aerial by Del Prado is 1/87 scale. I actually like this model better than the Bohemia Pierce Bronto, as I'm not a big fan of the Bronto.

i received my bronto today from westchester.at first i thought it was going to be huge next to the other stuff in my station.much to my surprise it actually look's dead on scale !.my 2 smallest piece's currently are the matchbox kme mini pumper and matchbox fire suburban.the pierce look's o.k. next to them.it also compliment's the boley stuff too.i am pretty impressed with the model.now i definetly can't wait for the other del prado 1/80 and 1/87 stuff.a job well done by del prado and the importer's of them.thank's.

Hopefully, Del Prado will be coming out with more 1/87 scale modern U.S. rigs in the near future. I can't wait to get the Bohemia Pierce quint and the E-One HP 75.

On a side note, I remember about 6 or so years ago when it was rumored that Code 3 was going to come out with 1/87 scale rigs. I was pretty excited over that. Of course, those models never materialized.

Even though Del Prado's rigs aren't as detailed as Code 3's, at least SOMEONE is filling the bill when it comes to modern U.S. fire apparatus models in 1/87 scale.

On our website www.AwesomeDiecast.com, we list all the scales of each Del Prado fire truck. Of particular interest to HO collectors will be the E-ONE HP75 ladder and the Pierce Quint which are both 1:87, the Las Vegas Pierce heavy rescue 1:80, the Miami F.D. Quantum Pierce 1:80, the Morita airport crach truck 1:87 and the Sutphen pumpers - Montreal and Gettysburg at 1:73.

I'm still debating whether or not to buy the Las Vegas Quantum heavy rescue and the Miami-Dade Quantum pumper because they're 1/80 scale and not 1/87. The size might be too noticable, and I'm a stickler for accuracy. I have to see what these rigs look like next to a Boley Spartan pumper. I saw Jeff Webster's photo of the Las Vegas rescue next to a Boley Spartan pumper, but it was an above shot. I have to see them side-by-side at "ground" level. Sorry, that's just me.

jm82 you mean you can't mix 1/50,1/43 and 1/87 in the same firehouse ?.LOL.actually i think that's part of my ocd !.well i thought the pierce bronto was going to be huge in my firehouse.actually stacked up against all the other rig's in my fleet it seems right in scale.it look's like from the photo's the rescue is also right in scale with the spartan pumper.i'll be getting the rescue soon.i ordered the quint,pierce pumper and hp 75 as well.can't wait until everything come's in.i said it before and i'll say it again the del prado 1/87 line has been a real shot in the arm for 1/87 collector's.first thing i ever got in my collection that look's like a real aerial ladder.

Isj, is the OCD that noticable??!! My anal tendancies are getting the best of me I guess. Anyway, I agree in that the Del Prado modern U.S. 1/87 rigs are the best to come along in quite awhile. The Athearn Ford-C line is fantastic but is from a different era. OK for reserve status but that's about it. Now with the DP Pierces and E-One HP 75, the 1/87 Gods are finally smiling down upon us and our fleets are being modernized.

As far as the DP Las Vegas Quantum heavy rescue is concerned, I was just looking at that picture today of Jeff Webster's, of the LV Quantum and Boley Spartan sitting next to eachother. It does appear that scale-wise it's very close, but I'd still have to see a few more angles before my mind would be made up as to buy it or not. That and the Quantum pumper.

Greetings.
I am looking for a scale model of a Bronto Skylift.
Can anyone direct me to one?

Arthur, go to www.AwesomeDiecast.com. You can order one from there.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)