Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chicago Helo

Recieved this morning, and very nice it is too.
Two things though about the box.
1/ It states on the base it is not a toy, and is sold as a collectible only. It is not intended for use by children.
2/ For every helicopter purchased code 3 will give $20 to the city of hope.
And no, before you suggest they may have used old box bases, it clearly has the model number 12605 on the same base, which is the right number for the chicago model, (toy?)
I know it means nothing, I am only pointing it out, I like the Helo, I am not flaming anyone, and I dont want to see Jeff and Hans informing us where to get Del Prado on this thread.

Re: Well,for $ 14,50 i can helpyou on a nice DP eurocopter

Location: The Netherlands, the behind the ***** wooden shoe and grasscountry

Re: Chicago Helo

Hey Pete....

I thought the City of Hope was C3's charity of choice. They usually always do the toy run, etc. This model is probably fairly profitable where they can donate proceeds, b/c it does look like it is purely a repaint when compared to the others--except LACo Copter 17 which had the water tank.

Did it come with a special landing pad?

Thanks Hans, very prompt.I will consider your offer.

John, if you mean "special" landing pad, as in disabled, no, just the ordinary CFD.(LOL)
As for the City of hope, yes, I see your point about their charity of choice, but I believe this being on the chicago box is a goof carried over from the city of hope release.
Otherwise, it would have been a publicised item on the release schedule.

Hans, I'm in on the Eurocopter and any of the American DP fire trucks that I don't already have. I need the Quantum in particular. Mark

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)