Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Would you like Del Prado to make the future ?

I Hope Del Prado will make

Pierce Ladder Tower
Pierce Mid Mount Ladder Tower
Pierce Tiller Ladder
Pierce Arrow XT, Dash, or Velo City Engine
E-One Cyclone II or Typhoon Engine
E-One Ladder Tower
American Lafrance Eagle Engine
FDNY Rescue 1 Piece Arrow XT Heavy Rescue

Re: What Would you like Del Prado to make the future ?

There is presumably the restriction of the display base, so a tiller would have to be, what, 1/90 or 1/100 scale or so.

mjl

There is a lot I would like to see as far as models go. My wish list is way to long to print here.

However the one thing I would like to see is a commitment to standard scales. Worldwide there are accepted standard scales. These would be 1/43, 1/50, 1/64, 1/72 and 1/87. There are other scales but these would be the ones that best fit the Del Prado series. I would like the models to be made in these scales rather than scaled to fit the base. So what is there is some extra base at the ends of the models.

IN addition by using these scales the models will look better when placed along side other models rather than being out of scale. I love some of the US stuff but at 1/57 they look odd next to 1/64 Code 3 and 1/50 Corgi. Same goes for the 1/80 models when placed next to the 1/87 models or even their own 1/72 scale models.

Here are a few from my list:
E-One Titan ARFF - 1/87
Sutphen Tower - 1/87 - Syracuse
Rearmount Tower - Any manufacturer - 1/87
Type 2 Ambulance - 1/64
Cadillac/Buick/etc antique ambulance - 1/64
Dodge Diplomat/Plymouth Fury fire chief car (FDNY) - 1/64

Jeff

Any modern U.S. fire apparatus in 1/87 scale, whether it be pumpers, aerials, aerial platforms, etc.

And my favorites in 1/87 scale would include Pierce and E-One.

although i could think of many.way to many.my 3 top wish list would be.

1/87 pumper-tanker.boley's was nice but i would like this one to be the enclosed body type and not the "thermos bottle".

1/87 caddy ambulance 1959 - ? circa.

1/87 tractor drawn tanker with a pump panel piggybacked on the tractor and crosslays.

Almost forgot to add U.S. modern heavy rescues and CFR's in 1/87 scale.

So what scale do most collectors of Del Prado fire trucks prefer, 1:87, 1:64 or larger?

I am compiling a list of all the fire trucks requests you guys are putting down.If anyone of you has a really interesting truck/paint scheme that might possibly be used for re-production,, send me a picture: jeff@awesomediecast.com.

Thanks!

From Del Prado I am only interested in modern U.S. fire apparatus models in 1/87 scale. Generic, solid red with white striping (such as the E-One HP 75 Typhoon) is my preference in color so I can add my own graphics. I will buy rigs with graphics on them already, such as the Bohemia ones, but I prefer non-marked rigs.

And...the Pierce Quantum in 1/87 scale, instead of 1/80, would definately be found in my collection.

Only 1/87th scale for me.

I would buy Del Prado's off the guy who has met Clinton.
So out of you all, who has met Clinton???
(other than you Monica)
Plus of couse his shipping would be cheaper for me in the UK if it came from Europe.(Hint)

Oooops, ignore the above, wrong thread.

although i know 1/87 is'nt the scale of preference i would only buy 1/87 or close.i've almost entirely stopped collecting.the only thing i still collect is 1/87 real looking rig's.i definetly think del prado could fill the void left by so many 1/87 scale mfg's.boley and athearn started making a dent but then died.if del prado went full steam into 1/87 their price's are definetly within reason for collector's and modeler's to buy 2 or 3 of a piece and kitbash them,save one for the collection and so forth.just my 2 cent's.

My scale of preference is 1/87th. The greatest need in that size is for an (approximiately) 100-foot rearmount tower platform quint, be it Pierce, E-One, KME, ALF/LTI, or whatever.

Also seldom-done in ANY scale, including 1/87th, is a classic open-cab mid-ship, straight-frame aerial, such as an ALF 700 or (favourite idea) a late-forties, early fifties Seagrave with that rakish grill.

I'd also appreciate slightly more working features on models, such as an aerial which extends and rotates.

Also almost non-existant in 1/87th are vintage rigs of all types and makes from the 30's, 40's and fifties.

For what its worth.

I heard from an Italian friend that the continuity is nearly finish, 150 items.
And heard from a Belgian one that the two photographers of DP are French Men who are living not far from the Belgian border; there is not a lot of American fireengine there.
Or perhaps will they do more models with correspondent in USA... Not sure.

Patrick.

You know, a *really* savvy person might try to sell DP on a second series. American Fire Engines. Given the ridiculous number of apparatus photographers who would be enlisted over here, they could probably do a 10 or 25 issue series of all new models marketed exclusively for the USA.

Of course, there's the question of issue size. It sounds like they make 3,000 worldwide as a minimum of their regular issues. Measured against what we know about Code 3 and issue sizes, could they be guaranteed sell-outs the way they seemingly are with the regular series?

Since they presumably can't use the newstand model here like they do in the Europe countries, they'd need to augment with subscriptions (perhaps) or maybe more dealers?

mjl

I second that idea of Mike's for an American Fire Engine series, as long as it includes some 1/87 scale modern U.S. rigs.

Most important thing to understand is that Delprado isn't a company involved in the TOY market like Code 3 or Corgi, it'sprimarly a company involving in the press publishing. I don't really think they care a lot about fire trucks, they just want to sell their inventory

Copy this link to find more about this company :

http://www.delprado.com/html/eng/quienes_somos/ing_f3_quienes.htm#

So, thus, the *real* way to make more American fire engines happen would be to connect directly with the manufacturer that DP uses?

mjl

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)