Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CONRAD CONVERSION

Pork Chop Head, I lost your cell number, and you're unlisted for the new house. Got your message from last Thursday (was out of town). I have had your Conrad Tanker conversion finished for a couple of months. Call me at the State, or home, and leave a number. Here is a link to photobucket with the model. Take care buddy, Chucky.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/FHP%20MODELS/

CONRAD CONVERSION

Maybe some backgriound is in order. John had this busted Conrad ladder, and asked if I could convert it to a tanker. But he wanted it to resemble his other Conrad fire models (i.e. little detail), and the fire tankers operated by his Department. First off, I lost (opps, misplaced) the E-ONE badge from the front. After searching house forever, I constructed a new front light using a Conrad emergency lamp and paperclip. Next I built an elevated tank section above the former ladder pad. Followed by a new hose bed and suction hose compartment. As the County unit had two reels, and a gun, I built these from spare parts. I repainted model Testors Guards Red, and the cab roof white. John told me it was "too RED", so I added aluminum painted diamondplate panels to sides, and painted hose floor aluminum. Very tough to keep a model simple, and similar to Conrad issues, but that's what he wanted.

Chuck

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)