Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FDFF IHC SUPER TANKER

I constructed model of two DCP frames, DCP IHC cab, DPC Heil Gas Tanker (petroleum piping removed), brass channel, lots of stuff from parts box, and Mike Adams made decals.

I've got most of the final assemblies attached, and the basic model completed. I will add a few rhinestone emergency lights, and possible a top platform, with a Snozzle. This was a fun project, except for cutting and fitting support beam to attach tank to truck frame.

Re: FDFF IHC SUPER TANKER

I've attached a Snozzle, some red rhinestones in the grill, and numbers.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FDFF IHC SUPER TANKER

As I always listen and appreciate comments (LOL), I've added a forward Moyno type pump & water distribution manifold, with bumper extension and step/guard. A pump panel to the left frame, and a snozzle control panel to the rear of the tank. Pump was fashioned after viewing photos on web. The pump and control panels are from a REPLEX pumper, cut down to size, with control knobs and guages painted.

FDFF IHC SUPER TANKER

Well, I finally finished my baby. Trying to think of a new idea for a build. Doing a Mack Granite cab to a Saulsbury Rescue body. Also splicing two CAT 775E cabs, with a 12K tank (solvent can) suspended between the cab control units. Both will be painted white & green for FDFF.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and home soon for our family members serving in Middle East.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)