Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 Engine 1

Thanks for the replies.

I sincerely hope ALL LEAVE WAS CANCELLED for the production of the FDNY L-10 DP!!!!

Hey Pete, they only didn't put traffic cones on the ones they were shipping across the Pond. They figured you guys wouldn't know what they were anyway since you already drive on the wrong side of the street to begin with.

"Why would they have a "skull saver" bag on the ladder??? It's like 8 feet tall in real life. Who the heck is gonna hit their head on it? When the ladder is lowered, it's at arm level."

8 feet tall or not, there must be times when a firetruck is parked in a position where the sidewalk/grass verge etc, is in a potition where the ladder could become an obstruction to anyone walking around the read. As for when the ladder is lowered, then take the word "skull" away, and replace it with "shoulder/upper body/chest" saver.

" I have not even seen a top mounted ladder with a bag on it??"
You cant do much fire buffing then.

"If they do have them, that department got ripped off for the several hundred dollars that they probably paid for it."

Here is a site who sells the from about $50 to $100 fully decorated.
http://www.edarley.com/edarley4/finditem.cfm?itemid=14349

Hey John, you could be right.
I am told there is a traffic cone in this photo, but I'll be danged if I can see it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pete, I'm in England and I can't see any cones in the photo either !?!?!?!?

CONES, you mean there's more than one????????

You guys have been smoking cones.... ....

The only reason they have those protectors is because the skulls are thinner in that part of the world.

Here are combines uses for a cone, as a skull savewr.

That OUTSTANDING Pete!!

Pete, you clearly have too much time on your hands!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)