Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Purchasing Directly From Del Prado in NY

See this thread on fireengines.net.

mjl

Re: Purchasing Directly From Del Prado in NY

Mike, you can buy Del Prado firetrucks direct from them, however you must understand this is through the subscription process, which you can start and stop at anytime. You can literally order one truck, and quit.

While you might pay around $10.00/piece, you cannot order a specific piece when you want it, but have to wait for it to come through the cycle. A truck you can buy right away from AwesomeDiecast.com, say the Pierce Quint, may only work its way through the subscription cycle in a year or two from now.

Remember, there are 150 pieces in the Del Prado fire truck line, and they're more apt to get rid of older inventory first as opposed to the new stuff just being released.

Some people just have to have that specific piece RIGHT NOW, and that's where AwesomeDiecast.com is setting itself apart from Del Prado direct by stocking mostly the American pieces collectors in this country are searching for.

I JUST WANT TO ADD MY 2 CENT'S FOR WHAT EVER IT'S WORTH.I'M GLAD THAT JEFF SILVER POSTED AND CONTINUES TO POST ABOUT HIS COMPANY.I WOULD HAVE NEVER HAD KNOWN ANYTHING ABOUT ORDERING THE DEL PRADO PIECE'S IF NOT FOR THAT.I ALSO LIKE THE FACT THAT HE POSTED WHEN THE MODELS ARE DUE BOTH FOR THIS BATCH AND THE NEXT BATCH.I KNOW IT'S STARTED A LITTLE BIT OF "BACK BITING" BETWEEN DEALER'S.IF THE MODERATOR'S OR OWNER OF THIS BOARD DO NOT LIKE THAT THEY CAN PUT A STOP TO IT.

I agree with LSJ. I appreciate Jeff's posts, and don't think he's gone overboard at all. Pete, I hope you realize that DelPrado pieces have been VERY hard to come by in the US due to an almost complete absence of dealers. I myself am tickled that Jeff has made them easily available. Won't you please put up with Jeff's posts?? I for one would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm betting the tolerance for more aggressive marketing on this or other boards is collectively evaluated on a dealer-by-dealer (or company-by-company) basis.

It's fine until at whatever point it ceases to be fine, because the dealer or company has fallen out of favor.

mjl

My sincerest apologies if some of you are getting a little irate with my posts, and my sincerest thanks to those of you who appreciate what I'm trying to do. I guess given the orders over the last few days there is genuine support for our efforts and the new option we're offering collectors of Del Prado in the United States.

I personally have been a diecast fire truck collector since joining the fire service in 1981. Del Prado has been illusive at best throughout the last few years so when I finally got my hands around a constant source of supply, you bet I was excited! What better place then this board to get the word out as you are all the collectors we are trying to communicate with?

That being said, we'll keep our posts to a minimum. Pete, you're right this shouldn't be an advertising board, but more a source of information. I'm not even going to mention our company name this post. If you have any questions, just email us about Del Prado. If we have anything significant to announce, you'll be hearing from us.

To all our fellow American collectors Happy Thanksgiving! And to those of you overseas, Happy Del Prado Collecting!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/minitrucks/DelPierceQuint.jpg

I, too, thank you, Jeff, for taking the bull by the horns and allowing us to be able to order individual pieces from Del Prado. I have no interest in most of the models offered in the Del Prado fire apparatus line, just the U.S. ones in 1/87 scale. And I certainly wouldn't want to wait up to 2 years for my favorite one(s) to finally arrive.

I have to give credit where credit is due, though, having ordered a few Del Prado models from 'Holland Hans' in the past, and with great results.

Remember if anybody has subscribe to the continuity the American models never been made!

I understand in a continuity there are models we don't like; but the small price is due to mass production of a great number of replicas in this series about 150. Perhaps if they were selling one by one the price will be higher.

But this time by chance you got Jeff that can provide you the items you want.

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)