Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bohemia and Del P.

I tried googling (to no success) info on the Bohemia FD and couldn't find an actual site with picures of rigs, etc.

Does anyone have any info on their department. What I'm curious about is do they run the actual rigs (or did they in the case of the Mack) that DP reproduces. Just curious.

Re: Bohemia and Del P.

YES, all the models reproduced by delprado really exist, there is always a photo of the real truck in each magazine sold with the model !!!

John, Bohemia is indeed a real department located in the central part of Long Island, NY. Bohemia FD, as well as LI MacArthur Airport (DP's 2003 Oshkosh ARFF), are neighboring departments to mine. They currently don't have a website, but I can assure you that all of these rigs exist or recently did. We've run enough mutual aid there that I've seen each of them a couple of times. The Bronto was around as of July, the quint is new so of course thats around, and the Mack has been replaced by the quint (it had a twin , 3-12-7, one of them has been renumbered but is still running). The stumpjumper is one I'm not sure about, they received a new larger one last year, haven't found out if its been replaced or is a reserve. The fire police van is also in service.

I have their 100th anniversary journal at the firehouse, I can check that for more info if desired. Take care,

Pete

Thanks guys!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)