Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FIRE FOX HO TRAIN

Posted your question on the newsgroup, will post any repleys I get here

Rich....A good friend of mine in Germany has a set. I bought it for him when it was new quite a few years ago. He is getting rid of a lot of his collection of fire items, may be interested in parting with it if u are interested. Drop me an e-mail.....Paul T.

The set was indeed IHC. It was released in the mid-to-late '80's. I bought one while visiting Florida when they were new (and unavailable here in Canada). I only wanted the two Macks (which at that time had not been released separately), so I gave the rest of the set away to the landlord's kids at the place we were staying before returning home. Those two little truck models were ahead of their time in detail.

Those IHC Macks are still the best of all the small scale CFs done. The clean up real well.

Check out Ralph Ratcliffe's lastest model of the CF:
http://www.1-87vehicles.org/photo300/mack_cf600_snorkel.php

If you do a search of Ralph's model on the site you will also see his amazing CF scope.

Jeff

THANKS GUYS FOR THE INFO ,I KNEW SOME MEMBER HAD THE INFORMATION, 1 QUESTION WHAT DID IHC STAND FOR THANKS AGAIN

IHC was for International Hobby Company or Corp.

IHC is Internatioonal Hobby Corp. and their web site is www.ihc-hobby.com. They deal mainly in HO train things. ALancpb5

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)