Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photo of Spark New Britain PD Durango

Diecast Direct now has a photo of the soon-to-be-released Dodge Durango of the New Britain, CT, PD posted, so hopefully it really will be here soon. Looks great and should go well with the recent Gearbox release of a New Britain FCV. Here's the link:
http://www.diecastdirect.com/asp_modules/add_item.asp?ProductCode=SPK0864

Re: Photo of Spark New Britain PD Durango

I was hoping to pick one or 2 up for a custom. But at $30 each I think this will have to wait.

It does look good.

Jeff

It looks very good, from a paint/decals/lightbar standpoint...I'm just trying to think if New Britain actually has one of these. They have Expeditions, but I can't recall seeing any Durangos...I'll pay extra attention on Thursday when I have to drive by the police department.

Yes, they have at least one (I think maybe two). Go to this site and go all the way to the bottom of the photo column and you can see a photo of the real thing: http://members.fortunecity.com/copcarsite/durango1.html

I have never heard of Spark Models before.

Does anyone have any information on this company?

Thanks

Paul

PS, nice looking model, but a little pricey at $30

Also available at...

Yep, gotta toot my own horn again, we will have this model when release as well. www.policecarmodels.com

We currently have the 1/43 Chevy SSR models from Spark, they are quite nice, well detailed inside the small interior as well, more than a Gearbox car yes, worth it? yes!

Dick,
thanks for the input.

I wonder if they could be convinced to do 1/24th scale?

I miss the continuity for my CMW Police Interceptors.

Paul

Saw a notice on Auto Biante's web site (Australian diecast retailer) under the photo of the Spark New Britain Durango stating that it was "canceled by manufacturer." I hope that's not true - I sent an e-mail to Spark asking them if it's so.

False alarm - should have waited before posting, but didn't expect a reply so quickly. Spark responded to me within half an hour after I e-mailed them! Here's their answer:
"Thank you for your message. The information you got from the Australian is not correct (we wonder why it mentioned so). The production has been delayed but it will be shipped at the beginning of next week. It will be available around ten days after in the market."
By the way, when I visited their site again I noticed that the company is located in Macau, not China. I was misled by the fact that the site had a prompt to load Chinese language characters.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)