Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FDEP STATE OFFICER CV

I've repainted a Gearbox Ford CV silver, and applied decals that Chris Sciolino made for me. The decals are strong enough to apply with ease. I have to give the credit to Chris, for his excellent art work. Blue rhinestones simulate the five (5) Whelen interior lamps, with two blue rhinestones imbeded into holes drilled into the grill. Model depicts a Florida Department of Environmental Protection State Officer unit for the South District Law Enforcement. Front and rear license tags were done on color printer from photos I took last week.

FDEP SD State Officers CV:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FDEP Gearbox State Officer CV Slicktop:

FDEP Gearbox State Officer CV (Lightbar test fit for model being painted):

Re: FDEP STATE OFFICER CV

NICE!!

FDEP Crown Victoria Slicktop and Roof Mount units. I've added an Arrowstik to real shelf, and drilled bumper and attached a pushbar from Impala. As Agency vehicles are purchased with different wheels depending on year and time of order, a variety of wheels are accurate.

I have a Gearbox Impala & Expedition, Cararama Suburban, and a Welly Explorer dismantled and ready for silver paint. And a Bluebird. Glad I have ten more decal sets.

Great job Chuck. You get a golf clap.

Jeff

Chuck, you tha man!

FDEP STATE OFFICER RANGE ROVER

John "LIME GUY", Happy Holidays. Good to hear from you. I finally got some great DEP decals. Not lime, but silver/black/gold isn't too bad. Take care, and don't get too cold up in DC. By the way, Borat stole your swimsuit. LOL

FDEP STATE OFFICER EXPEDITION

A Gearbox 1/43rd Expedition decaled for FDEP State Officer Unit. Hualapai Tribal police stripped of tampos. Only change was to drill out two holes in grill, and add recessed blue rhinestones. I also painted backing of headlights and taillights silver, for a better effect. Lightbar is an old Roadchamp, with some white vinyl added as lighting detail. Microscale Solvent used to set decals to indentations and compound curves at light corners. Just a rainy morning project.

Great job Chuck, you get a weekend in Las Vegas with
Antonelli for such good work.
Ronbo

Policecarmodels resin LED bar and Pushbar added. Light coat of transparent red and blue on bar edge, then wiped for LED bulb look. Rubrails painted flat black to match an actual unit.

RONBOCOP

Hey Ron, Happy Holidays you crusty Old Fart. Did you make any bling when Johnny Depp charactorized you in "Pirates of The Caribbean"?. Those guys in the Moonlite resembled you in daylite. But they were somewhat prettier. LOL.

Wow, spitting image!!!

Of course, when I finally find someone (Chris) who makes an accurate and strong FDEP decal set, we change the graphic script on the units from the familiar "STATE OFFICER" to "STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT". You can't win down here in Hurricane Alley.

Anyway, my best to you, Rosie, and Fugley's replacement.

ChuckBO,
Nice hearing from you bud, one of these days you have
to come up and see us. Stay in touch and Happy New
Year.
Ronbo

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)