Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for site with Alexandria VA custom police car

Last week I came across a website (although for the life of me I can't remember how I found it) and it was a guy who made a handful of custom police cruisers (1/43). All were agencies from TX, except he did produce a nice looking Alexandria, VA K-9 cruiser. Do any of the police car buffs out there know the site I'm talking about? I thought I bookmarked the link, but I obviously did not....

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Looking for site with Alexandria VA custom police car

I hope that this is it. Thanks. Take care, Scottie

www.grantsafetygear.com/

You are THE MAN!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I googled the hell out of every combo of Alexandria, custom, 1/43 and couldn't find the site no matter how hard I looked.

That's exactly the site I was look for!

John:

Alexandria PD (not K9) is also available in 1/24 at http://www.vadiecast.com/virginia.html. He has a lot of Virginia departments, along with many other states/cities.

Ray,

Thanks, I bought a couple (Alexandria in 1/43 and VA State in same scale) from him and sent him photos of a department he was looking for with the promise of a free car for the photos.

He never made good on the free car and the Alexandria and VA State 1/43 were sloppy. Crude light bars, poor paint jobs and illegible decals.....

Now granted this was about a couple of years ago, but he won't get my business again.

The best customs I've purchased have been from Carorama and Code3Customs. Well worth the $ and better than any car that comes off the production line. DEAD ON ACCURATE.

I just ordered from the site Scott posted. I'll post when I get the cars. They look real good though.

Thanks again,
John

John,

If you're interested in 1/43 scale VA cruisers, I have the Norfolk Police and Sheriff car that were done by Gearbox. Both are great looking models. if you're interested, email me at coachhrt@cox.net and let me know.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)