Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GA HONORS FALLEN FIREFIGHTER

On Thanksgiving evening, Atlanta Fire Rescue firefighter Stephen Solomon was critically injured in a structural fire when he was caught in a flashover. He died 5 days later. Services were held for him today in his hometown of Macon, GA. I had the sad duty of attending the funeral with some 1000 fellow firefighters from all over GA. It was a very moving sight to see row upon row of firefighters marching 4 abrest the two miles thru downtown Macon from the funeral home to the civic center where the service was held. His casket was carried on the back of a 1947 model L Mack open-cab engine. After the service the casket was placed on the back of Atlanta Engine 16, his company. I drove our Peachtree City Spartan Gladiator/Rosenbauer rescue engine in a one mile long + procession thru Macon to the cemetery. Stephen leaves behind a wife and 4 young children. I would ask all of my fellow board members to keep them in your prayers. Stephen died in a fire in a small one-storey, residential dwelling, so don't get complacent.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)