Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Display case for D/P engines.

When I bought my first DP,(DP1)I used the ertyl 18th scale display case to house it, although I must admit, as I wanted to display it on the DP base, I used a skill saw and cut the base lower, so it would all fit in and close tight.
These cases are only 5 inches high, so when I got the philly I had to buy the minichamps one as it was a full inch higher, but over here in the UK it cost me FORTY BUCKS !!!!!
Of course the 5 inch high one is adequate for the new E21, if you dont want to include the DP base, anf for about $10 you can get this, and a multitude of others from diecastdirect.com, and use the search feature for display case.
Most of them have the dimentions, some dont, but the 13 X 6 X 5 seems the best option, for just a basic FDNY pumper not on its base.

Re: Display case for D/P engines.

Sorry about the bad flash flare in the pic.
The top one is the 5 inch high case, with a cut down DP base, a tight fit, but the 2 lower cases, even with the boom on the philly fit well, these were the 6 inch high minichamps ones.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)